- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Princess-Class Luxury Liner|
|Manufacturer|| Nicholas Space Craft |
Majesty Metals and Manufacturing
|Use|| Luxury Passenger Liner |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Length||117 meters meters|
|Width||117 meters meters|
|Height||125 meters meters|
|Drive System||Fusion Engine|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Max Thrust||2.5 g|
|Fuel (tons)||850 tons|
|Armament|| Large Laser |
5 x Medium Lasers
10 x Machine Guns
|Crew|| 10 Officers |
70 Guest support staff
8 Security Staff
20 Bay personnel
100 1st Class Passengers
75 Luxury passengers
25 Ultra-luxury passengers
The Princess Class Luxury Liner (DropShip) was produced by the Terran Hegemony's Nicholas Space Craft company of New Earth in 2657. The ship was designed for ultra luxury and during the years prior to the Succession Wars, the design had surpassed the Monarch Class DropShip in passenger service. Twice the size of the Monarch, the Princess features passenger luxuries that are unsurpassed in any era.
The Princess' amenities included a basement balcony, wine lockers, round-the-clock servant staff and a swimming pool. One of the Princess' unique features is its 'Earth Deck', which is a simulated terrestrial garden complete with day/night cycle lighting and live plants. Found on the lowest deck is the ship's swimming pool which is noted as being one of the most decadent luxuries in space travel. This Olympic size pool is made possible through series of pumps and ingenious methods that allow it be open so long as a minimum of 0.1G thrust was maintained.
The Princess class vessels were extremely expensive to operate, even during the Star League era. During the course of service with various owners, many of the high-maintenance amenities were removed, usually for additional passenger or cargo space
The main shipyard that had produced the Princess was destroyed in 2805, however Nicolas company had also licensed the ship production to Majesty Metals and Manufacturing. Though it too lost its capacity to produce the ships, it still was able to maintain the few remaining Princesses that remained in service with Magistracy of Canopus's fleets, in their original ultra-luxurious configurations. By 3067, Majesty Metals had suggested limited production of the Princess may be on the horizon.
Armament & Capacities
The Princess carries a minimum amount of self-defense weaponry to protect itself from minor raiding attacks. The ship's nose has single Large Laser, while ship's other sides carries single medium laser. For point-defense, the ship carries a pair of machine guns, in all respective firing arcs. The three tons of ammunition to supply all the ship's machine guns.
- Bay 1 - Small Craft (4) - 2 doors
- Bay 2 - Pool Deck
- Bay 3 - Earth Deck
- Bay 4 - Cargo (952.5 tons) - 4 doors
- Bay 5 - Pumps & Circulating equipment
- Bay 6 - Cargo (450 tons)
- Princess Luxury Liner Cargo Refit
- The Cargo refit variant introduced during the Star League era. All luxury and specialty decks have been removed in favor for cargo bays. The changes includes; Pool Deck being converted into Liquid Cargo Bay with a capacity of 1,400 tons capacity. The Earth Deck on Bay 3, is exchanged for a standard Cargo Bay with a 2,363 ton capcity with no doors. Bay 4 cargo capacity is increased to 952 to 2,085 tons worth of cargo while retaining the original bay's four doors. Bay 6 is becomes Bay 5, with complete Pump and Circulation equipment. BV (2.0) = 1,041
The Princess Class Luxury Liner was first published in Handbook: Major Periphery States, and as of this writing not been published in any other source book.
- online date for the Princess
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 219 - "Record Sheet for the Cargo Refit variant of the Princess Class Dropship".
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, pp. 202-203, 219-220