Prototype Jump Jets
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
The Prototype Jump Jet is very similar in functionality to its modernized counterpart, though a lack of advanced control interfaces and necessary gyro modifications make successful landings very difficult. It was depicted in Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2 and Interstellar Operations.
- Upon landing, the MechWarrior will always be prompted to make a successful piloting roll at a +3 Target Penalty, or fall over. This penalty stacks with any other modifiers they might have.
- The Prototype Jump Jets can be fitted on any BattleMech or IndustrialMech that can normally mount Jump Jets, except for the Mackie, and any IndustrialMechs which came before their invention.