- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Safe Thrust||1 g|
|Top Thrust||1.5 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||16|
|Armament|| 18 x Killer Whale Missiles |
24 x White Shark Missiles
24 x Barracuda Missiles
4 x NAC/30
6 x NL55s
|Armor||1,169.5 tons of Improved Ferro-aluminum armor|
|Crew|| 56 officers, 145 enlisted / non-rated, 76 gunners, 150 marines and 54 bay
|Grav Decks||3 x (120-meters and 2 x 145-meters diameter)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||40/44|
|Heat Sinks||1,177 (Single)|
The Quixote-class frigate was originally designed as a battlecruiser, however cost-saving attempts not only reduced the Quixote's size but resulted in the ship receiving engines too small for it. Political machinations among the various Terran Hegemony Departments also led to the purchase of 250 of these dubious vessels. In an attempt to make the best of a bad situation, the SLDF Admiralty modified the design into a missile frigate and thus created a slow but heavily armed vessel, tasked with convoy defense against craft too small to be targeted by naval-grade direct-fire weapons.
The Quixote was surprisingly successful for a flawed design, and served as the undisputed escort frigate of the Terran Hegemony for nearly 200 years. Ultimately, the Quixote was slowly phased out after the introduction of the well-rounded Congress-class frigate, though both Congresses and Quixotes served together during the Star League.
Following the introduction of the Congress, the Quixote was slowly put into mothballs, a move that paid dividends when, 150 years after the commissioning of the first Congress, Eaton AeroSpace used these mothballed hulls to construct the new Volga-class transport.
The Quixote’s main armament consists of eighteen Killer Whale missiles. Supplementing these missiles are twenty-four White Shark and twenty-four Barracuda missile launchers. The ship also mounts six Type 55 Naval Lasers, to assist in the design's long range attack ablities.
The Quixote also has four Type 30 Naval Autocannons providing for mid-range and close range kill power.
- Bay 1: Fighters (12) 4 Doors
- Bay 2: Small Craft (6) 4 Doors
- Bay 3: Cargo (176,118.5 tons) 1 Door
- Volga - requiring an escort and transportation vessel in 2709, Eaton AeroSpace used mothballed Quixote-class frigate hulls as the template for the new, successful Volga-transport.
Original Quixote from TRO:3057 Revised
- MUL online date for the Quixote
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 220, "Quixote Ship Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 144