- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|R10 Mechanized ICV|
|Mission|| Infantry Transport |
Infantry Fire Support
|Armor||Kallon FWL Special Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 205 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||Exeter Longscan|
|Targeting Tracking System||Salamander Systems Multi-Lock|
The R10 Mechanized Infantry Combat Vehicle (ICV) is a medium sized OmniVehicle designed for infantry transport and fire support missions. It was first deployed during the early thirty-second century. Produced for the later defunct Army of the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth, the Exeter Organization of Keystone designed the vehicle to be an infantry OmniVehicle which could be purchased by a range of buyers. These included buyers from poor planetary militias up to the large and well-off regimental formations of nation states such as in the Free Worlds League.
The R10 gained the nickname of being the "APC with Teeth" from its troops. This was due to its considerable firepower in comparison to the traditional APC. The vehicle would end up serving a number of Free Worlds League nation-states and independent worlds. Despite the Wolf Empire gaining control of the vehicle's main factory,[when?] the R10 continued to be exported for sale.
Weapons and Equipment
Intended as an infantry transport, the vehicle's fixed equipment includes baseline Infantry Compartment with a 4 ton capacity. The vehicle's turret is home to the majority of the vehicle's Omni Pod Capacity, holding up to 15 tons of the vehicle's total 18 tons' worth of equipment. Protecting the vehicle's crews and passengers during battle is 7 tons of Kallon FWL Special Ferro-Fibrous Armor with CASE permanently installed.
The R10's Primary Configuration features two sets of short-range and intermediate range weaponry. These include a pair of Extended Range Medium Lasers housed in front of the vehicle, while a pair of 6-tube Short-Range Missile Launchers is mounted in the turret. An additional 8 tons is added to the vehicle's Infantry Bay capacity.
- Alt. Config. A
- This configuration is geared towards anti-vehicle/'Mech fire support. The vehicle sports four ER Medium Lasers with a pair in front and a pair in the turret. A pair of Light Class 5 Autocannons is mounted in the turret as well, being fed by two 1-ton ammo bins. Two additional Heat Sinks are fitted to help cope with the heat output of the weapons. BV(2.0)=839
- Alt. Config. B
- The B concentrates its primary firepower with the use of a single LB 10-X Class Autocannon found in the turret. The vehicle's front weapons are a pair of Small Pulse Lasers. The B can act in the role of its parent formation's electronic warfare support with its Beagle Active Probe and Guardian ECM. BV(2.0)=756
- R10 Mechanized ICV (Coolant Truck)
- A fixed configuration version of the R10, this variant sports two Vehicle Flamers mounted in the front of the vehicle. Gone is the tank's turret, Infantry Bay, and OmniPod space, in their place is a Liquid Cargo Space which is able to store upwards to 20.93 tons worth of liquid. The R10 Coolant Truck is typically used as a portable water source and can be used for fire-fighting via the Vehicle Flamers. The flamers themselves can be used for their original purpose, the vehicle has 20 rounds for these two weapons. BV(2.0)=355
The R10 Mechanized ICV was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Age of Destruction expansion release. It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
- online date for the R10
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 15 & 66 R10 Mechanized ICV - BV2
- Master Unit List Profile for R10 Mechanized ICV Prime with BV2 & Intro Year
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 235
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 14 R10 Mechanized ICV - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 14, 15 & 66 R10 Mechanized ICV - Stats and abilities of R10 and its Prime Configuration.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 14,15 & 66 R10 Mechanized ICV - A Configuration
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 236
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 14,15 & 66 R10 Mechanized ICV - B Configuration
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 237
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 14 & 69 R10 Mechanized ICV - Coolant Truck variant.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 238