- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Affiliation|| House Magnusson|
Clan Ghost Bear
| Elected Prince of the Free Rasalhague Republic in absentia|
saKhan of Clan Ghost Bear
|Parents||Haakon Magnusson (father)|
- 1 Character History
- 2 Battlemechs
- 3 Legacy
- 4 Titles and Positions
- 5 Portrait Gallery
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
Magnusson, the son of the original Elected Prince of the Republic, Haakon Magnusson, went to Outreach with his father at the summons of Jaime Wolf in the year 3051. There, he trained along with the sons and daughters of the other Great House leaders.
The Clan Invasion
Ragnar was serving as a military officer in the Rasalhague region when the Clans struck.
During the invasion of Satalice beginning November 3051, Ragnar was serving as a Kapten with the Third Drakøns. In later the stages of the invasion he was given command of ad-hoc company of BattleMechs, which had given the name of Ragnar's Vargjagare (aka Wolf Hunter) Company. He conducted a series of harassment hits against the Thirteenth Wolf's Guards and became a thorn in Natasha Kerensky's side for a time. In January 3052, he would eventually end up facing Phelan Wolf in combat and ended up being captured.
He followed Khan Kell to exile and hence became a member of Clan Wolf-in-Exile.
He eventually became a warrior of Clan Wolf after a period of serving as bondsman and during his days in Clan Wolf he rose to the rank of Star Captain in the Exiled Wolves. He participated in the assault on Labrea and was present when Khan Phelan Kell challenge declared a formal Trial of Possession in the zellbrigen style for the 6th Jaguar Dragoons as a means of allowing Logan Moon to save their honor rather than foolishly sacrifice their lives for Khan Osis's benefit.
In a simple three-on-three Trial in Colodney Valley, Phelan Kell pushed his Executioner A's heat limit early to quickly damage Moon's heavier Dire Wolf A before relying on distance and maneuvering to defeat him.  Ranna Kerensky however relied on superior targeting in her Warhawk C to defeat Wimmer's Turkina B at range, while Ragnar favored the reverse, immediately closing his Ice Ferret D with Showers' longer ranged Shadow Cat A where he had the advantage.
Clan Ghost Bear
However, he was captured in a Trial in Utrecht when Clan Wolf-in-Exile trialed for a Leviathan that contained prefab factories and production machinery against Clan Ghost Bear, and he was captured and made bondsman by Sarah DelVillar. In Clan Ghost Bear he raised to became a Star Colonel.
The Jihad and Merge of Free Rasalhague Republic with Clan Ghost Bear
In a surprising move, the people of the remnants of the Free Rasalhague Republic, when polled, overwhelmingly chose him to be their new Elected Prince. Due to his unique status as a Clansman, he could not accept, and the long-standing leader of the Rasalhagian military was elected the Regent in his stead.
Ragnar journeyed to Orestes in 3070, and on the 21st of August he spoke to the Free Rasalhague Republic government on behalf of Clan Ghost Bear and the Ghost Bear Dominion, beginning negotiations on what would hopefully be an accord "for all Rasalhagian peoples."
|“||The road ahead is filled with an evil that can only be cleansed with the fires of Annihilation. The road behind us is littered with the bodies of our fallen, given to that cause. As you fight today, know that each of us who dies this day will have spent our lives in the name of honor, in the name of Kerensky, in the names of Sandra Tseng and Hans Jorgensson! But above all this, know that we shall forever purge these nameless monsters in the name of that which is above what makes us trueborn or freeborn, Clan or Sphere. Follow me—for Rasalhague!||”|
The Second Combine-Dominion War
During the Clan Invasion, Ragnar piloted an Ostsol.  During Operation Bulldog with Clan Wolf-in-Exile, he piloted an Ice Ferret.  In his final battle for Clan Wolf-in-Exile where he was taken bondsman by Clan Ghost Bear he piloted a Dire Wolf.
Titles and Positions
|Elected Prince of Free Rasalhague Republic
| Succeeded by|
|saKhan of Clan Ghost Bear
| Succeeded by|
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 103, "Ragnar Magnusson Profile"
- Blood Legacy p. 60-183
- More Tales of Black Widow, p. 43 Campaign: Capture a Prince - Scenario setup for Ragnar's fight again Clan Wolf and his capture.
- Clan Wolf Source Book, pp. 42-43, 65 - Outline information for the battle for Satalice and Ragnar's part in it with the 3rd Drakon and planet's two Armored Divisions.
- Era Report: 3052, pp. 15, 18, 33 - Sourcebook making passing reference to his capture by Clan wolf by Phelan. Refirming his status as company commander with the Third Drakon.
- The Dragon Roars, pp. 30-31 "Scenario 5: Zellbrigen"
- Grave Covenant, p. 267
- The Dragon Roars, p24 "Wave Two: Driving Forward"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 158 "Clan Wolf (In Exile) - Alpha Galaxy: The Dire Wolves"
- The Purview of Warriors
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Touring the Stars, p. 46, "Volume XXIII: Standing Together"
- More Tales of the Black Widow, p. ??
- The Dragon Roars, p. 30
- Era Report: 3145, p. 109, "Lars Magnusson Profile"