|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Bowie Light Endo Model 14 endo steel|
|Armor||Durallex Special Medium Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||Defiance 180 Light Fusion|
|Communications System||Dalban Micronics 35|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban HiRez IV|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
The Razorback is a design that excels at little, but is similarly deficient in few areas. Its weapon loadout allows it to be effective at both long and short range, against both armored and unarmored targets. Though the design is rather slow for a 'Mech of its size, it is rarely the slowest 'Mech on the field, either. Because of the 'Mech's general reliance on ballistic and missile weaponry, it does not have to worry about overheating under normal circumstances but is dependent on supply trains.
Weapons and Equipment
The RZK-9S includes a Defiance Model 6 ER large laser for long distance fire, supported by a Defiance Trak-Shot II Streak SRM-4. Its array of Coventry Light Autogun machine guns allow the 'Mech to make very short work of infantry platoons.
- A product of interrupted supplies during the FedCom Civil War, introduced in 3066, the -9T removes all weaponry on the standard variant and replaces them with an ER PPC and four ER medium lasers as well as an additional double heat sink. BV (1.0) = 860, BV (2.0) = 1,149
- This 3079 version carries a snub-nose PPC, an MML-5 with two tons of ammo, and a pair of ER small lasers. A Beagle active probe has also been fitted. To make room for this equipment, the 10S uses an XL gyro and small cockpit. BV (2.0) = 821
- This variant, developed in 3071, has basically been rebuilt from the ground up. An XL engine and endo steel chassis are used to free up space, while ferro-fibrous armor provides the same level of protection for less weight; this additionally boosts the 'Mech's ground speed to 110 km/h. Offensively this Razorback carries four ER small lasers and a heavy PPC. BV (2.0) = 1,172
The Razorback has the following Design Quirks:
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Wildeber. The model code was accordingly changed to WDE-9S.
Original Razorback from TRO:3067
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 52-53, "RZK-9S Razorback"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 MUL online entry for the Razorback
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Combat Operations, p. 132, "Force Faction Tables"
- ↑ Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 49
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 MUL online entry for the Razorback RZK-9T variant
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 78
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 MUL online entry for the Razorback RZK-10S variant
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 79
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 MUL online entry for the Razorback RZK-10T variant
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 80
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 94 BattleMech Quirk Table - Razorback Entry.