- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
A Recon Camera is a battlefield surveillance camera, though its use in the thirty-first century has declined. Technically a group of multiple visual sensors, a Recon Camera can provide high-resolution holographic data used to map terrain and locate enemy units. Recon Cameras are typically mounted on low-tech platforms, such as the Boomerang or civilian newsvid VTOLs.
The Recon Camera has a maximum range of 18 kilometers and can only be used on the Low Altitude map or ground map. Fliers equipped with a Recon Camera may act as a spotter for LRM Indirect Fire as if it were a TAG. Hidden units that are passed over by a Recon Camera-equipped flier must reveal themselves on an unsuccessful 2d6 roll.
- Tactical Operations, pp. 337-338, "Recon Camera"