- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
As of 3059 the Aegis-class heavy cruiser Red Talon was serving as the CJF Red Talon, one of nine Aegis-class vessels serving in the Jade Falcon touman, operating alongside the CJF Black Talon, CJF Blue Talon, CJF Frost Falcon, CJF Gold Talon, CJF Jade Talon, CJF Hawk Eye, CJF Janice Hazen and CJF White Talon. The Red Talon would continue to be an active part of the touman throughout the next decade and into the beginnings of the Jihad.
The Red Talon was a part of the combined Jade Falcon/Lyran Alliance Armed Forces task force responsible for the liberation of Coventry from a blockade established by the Word of Blake during the Jihad. The Task Force attacked on the 16th of March and had freed the system within five days, destroying the Blakist Aegis-class WoBS Immortal Spirit in the process and capturing the Newgrange-class Blake's Mercy.
Although it wasn't initially known to Inner Sphere intelligence agencies whether the Red Talon had survived the Jihad and the Wars of Reaving or not the Red Talon did in fact survive, and remained in service with the Jade Falcons into the Dark Age. The Red Talon participated in the Jade Falcon invasion of the Lyran Commonwealth in 3142, destroying both the Kell Hounds and the Hell's Horses Beta Galaxy on Timkovichi.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 95, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 49, "Naval Assets"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 48, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 24-25, "Coventry"
- BattleCorps scenario Fire in the Dark
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15, "Fleet Assets"
- A Bonfire of Worlds, p. 193
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 157