Regulan Free States
|Regulan Free States|
Originally part of the Principality of Regulus, the Free States was among that province's regions that chose to break away as a result of Captain-General Gerald Marik's campaign against the Regulan-based Scourge of Death. Citing the landmark Camlann vs. Free Worlds decision, the worlds of Cree, Diass, Fieferana, Hindmarsh, Olafsvik and Vosloorus formed the Regulan Free States headed by a pro-Marik civilian government.  
By the end of the Third Succession War in 3025, the Free States had shrunk to just three of its original members (Diass, Olafsvik and Vosloorus) under a feudal autocracy headed by House Stimson. In addition Regulus had regained enough influence over the Free States that it was little more than a satellite. Nicknamed the "Regulan Not-So-Free States", the province echoed Regulus' initially neutral and later loyalist stance during the Marik Civil War, and in siding with the opposition in the League Parliament.    
As of 3067 House Stimson's loyalty had shifted to staunch support of the reigning Captain-General, Thomas Marik, although the Free States' MPs in Parliament still tended to vote against the Captain-General. 
During the Blakist Jihad three regiments of the Regulan Hussars landed on the Free States' member worlds in February 3077 and later drove off opposition from the Marik Commonwealth. Coupled with a successful public relations campaign undertaken by Titus Cameron-Jones this move effectively brought the province back into the Principality of Regulus, although the formal annexation did not take place until some time between 3085 and 3104.   
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 64, "Regulan Free States"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 63, "Camlann vs. Free Worlds"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 62
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War" Map
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 76, "Feudal Autocracy"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 22, "Provincial Loyalties"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 94, "Minor Houses"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 83, "Voting Patterns For and Against the Government"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 50-51, "Regulus Ascending"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 52, "Hussars Crush Opposition"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. iv, "Former Free Worlds League" Map - the Regulan Free States are still shown as independent
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 56, map shows ex–Free States worlds as part of Regulus