- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Mission||Frontline Combat Vehicle|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||GM 170 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Olmstead 37|
|Targeting Tracking System||Virtutrack S1|
The Regulator hovertank was the result of the Capellan Confederation refining its surviving industries to produce better combat vehicles after the Fourth Succession War and the revival of Star League technology from the Helm Memory Core.
The Regulator has been given 6 tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, which are concentrated heavily on the front and turret. Consequently, other areas of the tank are thinner, leaving it vulnerable to heavy damage from the sides and rear. The General Motors 170 fusion engine gives it considerable speed and agility, however, making up somewhat for the thin protection on the flanks.
The Tank first saw action in 3057, during Operation GUERRERO. Its involvement in actions on Tsingtao brought to light the tank's offensive abilities when a lance of the tanks destroyed three AFFC 'Mechs.
Weapons and Equipment
- Regulator Hover Tank (Arrow IV)
- Created in 3064, Liao engineers removed the Regulator's Gauss Rifle for an Di Yu Huo (Hellfire) Arrow IV System. The engineers reduced the tank's armor protection to fit the new weapon and its 15 rounds of ammunition. Note: This variant uses Advanced Rules and is not legal for use in tournament play. BV (1.0) = 939, BV (2.0) = 1,016
- Regulator Hover Tank (RAC)
- This variant is a field refit that first appeared during George Hasek's War in 3068. It replaces the Gauss rifle and its ammunition with a Rotary AC/5 linked to a targeting computer salvaged from Davion wrecks. Among the Capellan forces, this variant's deadly accuracy has become legend. Due in part of rarity of salvage to put such a refit together, the vehicle's four tons of ammunition is protected by CASE. BV (1.0) = 1,009, BV (2.0) = 1,282
- Regulator II (Standard)
- This version introduced in 3076 weighs five tons more than the standard version. It uses an XL engine to drive the tank at 160 km/h. A single Gauss Rifle is the only weapon on the tank. Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor protects the hull. BV (2.0) = 1,426 (This version shouldn't be confused with the Regulator II described in MechWarrior: Dark Age.)
- Regulator II (Stealth)
- This Capellan variant introduced in 3082, combines a Light Gauss Rifle with a stolen Targeting Computer to create a deadly sniper. To further increase its effectiveness, this variant uses a Guardian ECM Suite to power experimental Vehicular Stealth Armor. BV (2.0) = 971
MechWarrior: Dark Age Variant
- Regulator II Hovertank
- First produced in 3083 as a heavier but more resilient version of the Regulator, Aldis Industries remodeled the tank to mass 50 tons and replaced the main gun with an Imperator Light Gauss Rifle. Its hull was given Hellespont Lite V Ferro-Fibrous Armor. The vehicle was given a LT 165 Rated Fusion Engine allowing it go to speeds up to 130 Km/h.
Regulator II from MWDA's dossier of Carmen Hern
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 86-87, "Regulator Hovertank"
- MUL online date for the Regulator
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 98
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 88
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 42, "Regulator Hovertank"
- MUL online data for the Regulator Hovertank (Arrow IV) variant
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 89
- MUL online data for the Regulator Hovertank (RAC) variant
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 90
- MUL online data for the Regulator II Hovertank (Standard)
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 31-32, "Regulator II Hover Tank"
- MUL online data for the Regulator II Hovertank (RAC) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 33
- MUL online data for the Regulator II Hovertank (Stealth) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 34
- MUL online data for the Regulator Hovertank Alan variant
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao, p. 9, "Regulator Alan"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao, p. 22, "Record Sheet - Regulator Alan"
- Dossier of Carmen Hern - Dossier includes details of vehicle.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao
- Master Unit List]
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere)
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge
- Stormhammers' dossier of Carmen Hern (Regulator II)
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085