Requiem for a Blue Star
|Requiem for a Blue Star (World Wide Event 2019)|
|Primary writing||Alex Kaempen|
|Cover artwork||Doug Chaffee|
|Interior artwork||Anthony Scroggins (uncredited)|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|Era||Dark Age Era|
|Timeline||18-22 March 3150|
|Preceded by||Dig, Defend, or Die|
Requiem for a Blue Star was the 2019 Worldwide Event for BattleTech. Though the event was developed and run under the auspices of the Catalyst Demo Team, the scenarios were subsequently offered as free downloads in PDF format by Catalyst Game Labs via their webstore.
The event depicts two mercenary units in the late Dark Age Era facing off on the recently disclosed lost periphery world of Buffalo Meadows in the Draconian Drift. This world harbors the remains of the SLDF's 295th BattleMech Division, and the mercenaries hope to recover the vintage SLDF BattleMechs for use in the struggles in the Inner Sphere.
Being published directly via CGL (and given a CGL product code) marks the Requiem for a Blue Star scenario booklet fully canonical.
From the CGL webstore:
|“|| After 200 years of being lost to the Inner Sphere the remains of 295th BattleMech Division was discovered in 3021. The fate of a lost Star League division could be penciled in. But for ComStar, this was not welcome news. The division was only a few jumps beyond the Inner Sphere, too far to bring the equipment back covertly, but close enough to the Lyran Commonwealth and especially the Draconis Combine to be a potential source for them. So ComStar hid them, and for 130 years the secret remained just that.
But people talk and secrets leak.
Requiem for a Blue Star was the 2019 BattleTech World Wide Event depicting the clash between Bartlett's Boxers and La Grande Armée. This PDF-only product includes the Total Warfare and Alpha Strike scenarios as well as the final results of the event.
- Preface and 2019 World Wide Event results table
- Final Stop (short story)
- Finders Keepers (Total Warfare scenario)
- Notable Personalities
- Victory Conditions
- Total Warfare Briefing - Bartlett’s Boxers
- Total Warfare Briefing - La Grande Armée
- ...It simply means the river bends (Alpha Strike scenario)
- ...It simply means the river bends Battlefield Layout
- Alpha Strike Briefing - Bartlett’s Boxers
- Alpha Strike Briefing - La Grande Armée
- Bartlett's Boxers Random Allocation Table
- La Grande Armée Random Allocation Table
- Operation Knockdown (short story by Craig A Reed, Jr)
- In what amounts to official errata, author Alex Kaempen clarified that all references to the "Draconis Reach" region (a contested region of space between the Draconis Combine and the Federated Suns) are in error and should read "Draconian Drift" instead (a periphery region beyond the Draconis Combine).
- The cover art for the PDF was originally used for Technical Readout: 3085.
- Artworks found in the book are uncredited.
- This product introduced the Buffalo Meadows and 1245K3 systems as well as the Bartlett's Boxers and La Grande Armée mercenary units.
- The outcome tally of the Worldwide Event published in this publication indicates that Bartlett's Boxers prevailed in the "Finders Keepers" scenario where they had to cross a river and establish a bridgehead, but failed their objective in the second battle where they sought to crush La Grande Armée and destroy the entrance to the Star League depot. Also, the unspecified employer of La Grande Armée was decided to have been the Federated Suns.