Rhino (Battle Armor)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Hell's Horses |
|Top Speed||10.8 km/h|
The Rhino's weapons layout and equipment was similar to the Elemental (Battle Armor), but was not as capable as the later machine. Its weapons ranges were shorter and it lacked maneuverability and speed. However, the armor was greater than what the Elemental Battle Suit would carry. In addition, while the suit's SRM 2 was easy to use and reload, it had a significant jamming issue. This issue would cause catastrophic ammo explosions dealing major damage to the suit and the pilot. Engineers tried to resolve the issue, but the Rhino was shelved before the issue could be rectified.
Weapons and Equipment
The Rhino was armed with a Small Pulse Laser, an SRM-2 and a Heavy Battle Claw. These weapons were in fixed mounts and could not be changed.
In 2879 on Atreus, Clan Hell's Horses tried to sneak a Star of Rhino's behind Clan Smoke Jaguar lines. There they encountered two Points of Elemental Battle Armor. In the ensuing battle, the better mobility of the Elemental Battle Armor allowed the Jaguars, with less numbers and firepower, to defeat the Horses with few loses. Meanwhile, only a point of Rhino's would survive the encounter.
- Technical Readout Golden Century, p. 7
- Technical Readout Golden Century, p. 6, "Rhino"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p.181, "Gnome Battle Armor"
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, p.62, "Gnome"