- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Affiliation||Burr's Black Cobras|
Richard Burr was the Mercenary Commander for the Burr's Black Cobras until his death in 3068.
Colonel Burr, leading the Cobras, was hired to participate, under Thomas Marik orders, at Operation Guerrero, where they were send to take the planet Zurich. They succeed easily. After the "liberation" of Zurich, he becomes the de facto second in command of the new capellan leader, Xu Ning. his Cobras helped him to support his regime, but the colonel never help to commit Xu Ning's atrocities, assisting to them uncomfortably. Only after the Dancing Joker resistance group began to seriously threaten Xu Ning's regime survival, help is "partner", indirectly. During a dining together, he suggest Xu to attempt to infiltrate someone inside the Joker's group, suggestion than Xu accepted and executed immediately. The 18 December, Burr agreed to a request of Xu to help him capture the Joker's group; he had managed to infiltrate a man inside them. Burr informed Xu Ning of the new orders he received from Thomas Marik: to move his group to the planet Nanking to help ensure the planet. But the Cobras last operation on Zurich wasn't a success: the Joker manipulated both Xu Ning and Burr; the attack they had to launch was only a distraction; while they captured the Joker's girlfriend, while the Cobras were out, the Joker's group attacked the mercenaries base and blown it. Before to depart, Burr was forced to give the prisoner to Xu Ning. As he survived the disastrous landing on Nanking, he must have been in the DropShip Mamba, the only one than survived.
Burr was a changed man in the wake of the Nanking debacle, developing a fanatical drive to see the Black Cobras restored along with an intense hatred of Thomas Marik.
The colonel show always to be a professional; his men never committed war crimes, and only help Xu Ning's regime inside his contract's terms. He didn't want to surrender the Joker's girlfriend to Xu Ning, knowing what they will do her, but cannot do nothing else. Burr defined himself as a christian.
Colonel Burr: "This is Colonel Burr of the Black Cobra's. Today my boy, you are going to get a lesson in payback!"
-- Colonel Burr to Spectre after the events of Halloran V.
- Richard Burr appears in the MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries PC game as an enemy called "Colonel Burr". Colonel Burr would encounter Spectre on Talon/Wernke, harboring a grudge if he decided to destroy Lt. Dunman's lance on Halloran V. Colonel Burr Pilots a Summoner Omnimech that is possible for it to be salvaged after the battle. However, he has the option to fight or avoid him depending on the choice to forego the Werkne/Talon Campaign, where he could be killed.
- Turning Points: Arcturus, p. 10
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries, Talon
- Bred for War p. 232
- Bred for War p. 258
- Bred for War p. 319
- Bred for War p. 365
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 48 "Burr's Black Cobras: Iron Will"
- Bred for War p. 336