|Manufacturer||Alliance Motors, Limited|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Engine||Alliance 160 fuel cell|
|Communications System||Garret T10B|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 911-C|
|Heat Sinks||2 single|
The Rock Hound ProspectorMech was introduced by Alliance Motors Limited of Sevon in 3042. The design was created for lostech prospectors who needed a good reliable WorkMech that could defend itself should pirates or other potential threats arise. The design was successful for Outworlds Alliance-based Alliance Motors, selling the design to foreign interests such as the Taurian Concordat, Magistracy of Canopus, and private parties like Interstellar Expeditions. By 3067, the design and its variants were seen in wide use throughout the Inner Sphere.
Weapons and Equipment
Unlike most IndustrialMechs, the Rock Hound was designed with weaponry as part of its standard equipment. Its two shoulder mounted Shannon Fore SRM-4 launchers have one ton each of ammunition, and are guided by a military-grade advanced fire control system, allowing the Hound's pilot to direct accurate fire on any would-be attacker. The 'Mech is given nearly seven tons of standard armor to protect its hull from damage, and is even equipped with an ejection seat, equipment not normally included on IndustrialMech designs. For use at night and in dark locations, a searchlight was added to its center torso. The 'Mech is powered by an economical Alliance Motors manufactured Alliance 160 fuel cell engine, giving it reasonable speed and power.
- RH7C Rock Possum
- This is the cargo variant of the Rock Hound. While retaining all its original equipment except for its right torso SRM-4 launcher, which was replaced by an internally mounted three ton cargo bay. BV = 534
- RH7S Space Hound
- This variant of Rock Hound is similar to the Rock Otter variant, replacing the ejection seat with environmental sealing and upgrading the 160-rated fuel cell was to a 160-rated fusion engine. To fuel the single jump jet installed in the right torso, the right torso SRM-4 launcher was dropped for a two-ton cargo bay. The Space Hound also retains the standard variant's two single heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 517
- All records sheets for this design were also included in Handbook: Major Periphery states. The original publication of the 'Mech had errors, which included a hand actuator with the mining drill. The TechManual rules forbids mining drill and hand actuators in the same place.
- Objective Raids, p. 155: "Produced Alliance Motors Components"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 188: "Rock Hound Profile"
- BattleTech Forums Errata for Handbook: Major Periphery States (dead link)