- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||BA Facility Gamma|
|Top Speed||11 km/h|
First known to have been deployed in 3073, the Rogue Bear is a battle armor design produced by Clan Ghost Bear. Initially confused for the Golem, the Rogue Bear is a heavy battlesuit that was initially deployed with garrison units, especially those of the KungsArmé who were incorporated into the Ghost Bear touman.
The Rogue Bear can jump up to sixty meters at a time. It is protected by almost enough armor to stop a Gauss Rifle. The battlesuit uses mostly standard components with no disposable weaponry. Though it fits with their hatred of waste, this seems to underscore the difficulties the Bears are having maintaining their touman through the Jihad and the troubles in the Clan homeworlds.
The Constable Pacification Suit introduced by the Ghost Bear Dominion in 3092 to combat the terrorist organization named Motstånd and to enhance the capabilities of their police forces was based on a lighter version of the Rogue Bear. The Rogue Bear is also related to the Wraith suit, which was originally prototyped as the Rogue bear.
Weapons and Equipment
The Rogue Bear's primary anti-vehicle weaponry is a Short Range Missile launcher that can fire three warheads and has four shots. Two Machine Guns can make short work of infantry forces. In case a Rogue Bear Point ends up in melee combat, the armor's arms end in Vibro-Claws that make mincemeat of flesh and armor alike. They also allow the heavy suit to ride OmniMechs.
- Rogue Bear-HR
- Overseen by two native Rasalhagians, the Rogue Bear-HR is a prototype battle armor suit that incorporates the best technologies of the Inner Sphere and Clan Ghost Bear. Intended as a heavy reconnaissance unit the Rogue Bear-HR replaces the standard armor with Basic Stealth armor that provides as much protection as a standard Elemental suit. To further enhance protection the armor uses a Camo System that makes the armor more difficult to find. The Partial Wing system allows it to move up to 90 meters at a time. Armed only with a Machine Gun and Anti-Personnel Weapon Mount, the Rogue Bear-HR isn't intended to face heavy forces, but to find insurgents. As it does not quite fit in with the Ghost Bear method of warfare, it was not deployed widely. BV (2.0) = 48
- Rogue Bear-Hybrid
- Based on the Rogue Bear-HR, the Rogue Bear-Hybrid is a production-level version of that armor. To address comments and complaints from the users, the Battle Claws used by the HR were replaced by basic manipulators. The Partial Wing was also a problem, and so it was replaced by a Battle Armor Jump Booster system that provided the same 90 meter range and was easier to use. The weight savings made by these changes allowed the engineers to add a second Machine Gun and AP Weapon Mount, doubling the suit's firepower. The Stealth Armor and Camo System of the Rogue Bear-HR were left in place, providing excellent protection and stealth capabilities. The Rogue Bear-Hybrid is popular with those formations that use the Kobold suit. BV (2.0) = 52
- Rogue Bear Upgrade
- This Dark Age variant reduces the SRM launcher to a two pack with four shots. It keeps the machine guns but uses Heavy Battle Claws instead of Vibro-Claws. The space and weight freed up allowed engineers to install Reactive Armor instead of the standard armor used on the original Rogue Bear. BV (2.0) = 76
Battle Armor Gallery
- MUL online date for the Rogue Bear
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 241
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 124
- Technical Readout: 3145 Clans, p. 4, "Constable Pacification Suit"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Clans, p. 8, "Wraith Battle Armor"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Clans, p. 15
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 20
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 21
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 24