- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Greenock Aero Manufacturing, Ltd.|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Frame||Greenock Ltd. Model 3|
|Power Plant||VOX 330 XL|
|Fuel||400 - 5 Tons|
|Communications System||Rander 100B|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Jalastar TargiTrack 777|
|Heat Sinks||11 |
|BV (2.0)|| 2,274|
Introduced to service by Greenock Aero Manufacturing, Ltd. of Firgrove in the decade prior to the Victoria War between the Capellan Confederation and Federated Suns, the Rondel was a workhorse mediumweight fighter, although not one that was produced in particularly large numbers. Although the Rondel lacked the heavy main weapon of many of its competitors and initial production runs initially went to mercenary units and planetary militias, a large production order issued by the Capellan March Militia in 3112 brought the Rondel to the field in greater numbers and earned the Rondel greater fame.
The Rondel performed equally well in the atmosphere and in space, capable of strafing with the wing-mounted weapons or carrying substantial bomb loads on bombing missions.
Weapons and Equipment
The Rondel mounts a single Mydron Tornado Rotary Class 5 Autocannon in the nose, supplied with three tons of ammunition; each wing of the Rondel mounts a trio of Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers.
By 3145 no additional variants of the Rondel had entered service.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 50-51, "RDL-01C Rondel"
- online date for the Rondel
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 219