L. Ross Babcock III
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|L. Ross Babcock III|
|(left) in a 1992 Discovery Channel Beyond 2000 episode, with Jordan Weisman (foreground, right)|
|Occupation|| Game Designer|
In 1980, he and Jordan Weisman were fellow gamers at the Merchant Marine Academy. They started FASA Corporation with a starting capital of $350 ($175 each).
Babcock is credited for game design and writing on numerous BattleTech products and worked as editor-in-chief on the Star Trek and Doctor Who game lines. He holds a credit on every book published in FASA's Star Trek RPG line. Also, the original concept for Shadowrun was allegedly devised by him.