- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
Developed in the early 3060s by the Federated Commonwealth, the Rotary Autocannon is based only loosely on the Autocannon. While it has the same bore, it is capable of firing up to six times as many rounds as its standard cousin, allowing it to deal three times the damage of even an Ultra Autocannon. At the same time, each extra shot increases the amount of heat the autocannon builds and increases the chance for a jam. Like Ultra autocannons, Rotary autocannons are unable to make use of special munitions.
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 158, "Rotary Autocannon"
- Tactical Operations, p. 286, "Clan Rotary Autocannon (RAC)"
- Tactical Operations p. 100 "Autocannons"