- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Spirit of Steel Edge|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 References
- 6 Bibliography
In 3026 Takashi Kurita ordered the creation of a BattleMech unit trained in the tactics of the Wolf's Dragoons mercenary unit. Takashi later ordered that the Ryuken where to be split into several companies and each was to expand to regimental size. The Ryuken-go was one of the units formed.
4th Succession War
War of 3039
After the Battle of Luthien, the Ryuken-Go, along with the rest of the Ryuken Brigade, were ordered to the world of Wolcott, which by that point was a Combine-held oasis deep behind enemy lines. There, they engaged in a policy of constant raids which aimed to resupply partisans fighting against the Clan occupatons of conquered worlds and destroy or disrupt the fragile supply networks of the Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Nova Cat. 
Federated Suns Incursion
The Ryuken-go was deployed alongside the Fifth Sword of Light in the DCMS reprisal against the Federated Suns incursion during the FedCom Civil War. The Ryuken-go attempted to claim the FedSun world of Cassias, but poor coordination lead to the Davion defenders maintaining control of the planet. Hauptmann-General Kev Evans, the Commanding Officer of the defending Seventeenth Avalon Hussars RCT, managed to end five months of mobile defensive actions against the Fifth Sword and Ryuken-go on the 12th of November 3065, taking up a defensive line at the base of the Romen Mountains. The centre of Evans' defensive position was the Callas Line, a series of entrenched fortifications that had been constructed in the past by a combination of the planetary militia and the Third Crucis Lancers.
After the initial DCMS attack on Evans' position had been thrown back, Tai-sa Davis Shotoku of the Ryuken-go led elements of his command on a flanking attack that led them into direct combat with the Third Battalion of the Seventeenth. The Commanding Officer of the Third Battalion, Major Chad Thomas, was killed in the first few minutes of the battle, and Captain Sarah Blair assumed command of the battalion from the cockpit of her Bushwacker. Sarah's leadership led to the Third throwing back repeated attacks by the Ryuken-go, and gun camera footage from the engagement showed Blair trading fire with Shotoku's Hatamoto-Chi.
The heavy losses taken by the DCMS forces in what was known as the Battle of Callas changed the campaign for control of Cassias, allowing Evans to inflict further losses over the next several weeks as the RCT applied pressure to the Fifth Sword and the Ryuken-go. With the prospect of defeat looking, Shotoku assembled two companies of volunteers for an all-out attack on the Seventeenth, an attack he launched on the 31st of January 3066. Shotoku's 'Mech was downed during the resulting battle, and recordings of the battle showed that while Shotoku was engaged by three different Hussars 'Mechs, it was Sarah who was responsible for the final blow, her accurate ranged strikes felling Shotoku. The Combine forces subsequently gave up the battle for control of the planet on the 6th of February.
Ryuken-go began defending Matsuida from Federated Suns forces in early 3068. The High Command wasn't able to transfer any reinforcements to the world, however, and the unit was destroyed by the end of 3068.
Following the destruction of the Ryuken-go, some of the few survivors went on to band together with remnants of other destroyed DCMS commands such as the 16th Legion of Vega and the 3rd Dieron Regulars to form the mercenary unit known as the Kouki no Otakebi.
The Ryuken-go was reformed in 3099. They faced elements of the Black Dragon Society on Awano. They were successful. They spent the next forty years raiding the Federated Suns Draconis March. When Wolf's Dragoons were hired by the Combine in 3139, they renewed their relationship with Ryuken-go. The two units quickly formed a good working relationship.
Ryuken-go was present on Misery for fighting that took place in 3139. They also fought alongside the Dragoons on Marlowe's Rift and Wapakoneta. Small teams of the Ryuken-go would raid worlds in advance of the Dragoon's arrival.
The Ryuken-go during the invasion of the Federated Suns participated in the Combine's assault on Robinson, killing Duke Corwin Sandoval in the process. Later they only took only moderate losses wiping out the Third Ceti Hussars on Deshler, and finally ending up on Marduk which fell in short order.
|Commanding Officers of the Ryuken-go|
Every MechWarrior is skilled in the operation of his machine. This allow the unit complex maneuvers. The command prefers open field warfare to used the combined arms to its best. The conventional forces play a important role. During the Battle of Misery, this improved piloting skill allowed the warriors of Ryuken-go to make physical attacks more effectively.
- CO: Tai-sa Angel Ochoa 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Fellanin II. 
- CO: Sho-sho Sung Kim II
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Davis Shotoku
- XO: Chu-sa Amanda Li
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Wesley Smith
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Michael Ryoanji
- The unit contains 36 OmniMechs and received many upgrades also.
- Wing Commander: Chu-sa Kimmohito Saimita
Ryuken-go Armor (1 Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- Armor Commander: Tai-sa Andrew Jamesson
Ryuken-go Motorized Infantry (1 Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Karl Tsechir
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Tori Ishihara
113th Benjamin Infantry
- CO: Tai-sa Reynaldo Zapata
Ryuken-go Aerospace (Wing/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Sho-sa Naomi Endoso
Ryuken-go Armor (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Willard Lewis
Ryuken-go Infantry (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Loren McConnell
- Wolves on the Border, p.??
- "Invading Clans, p. 61, "Luthien"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 26
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 111 - "Sword of Light brigade / Fifth Sword Unit profile"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 136, "BSW-X1 Bushwacker"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 17
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 20, "Mercenaries"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 47
- Era Report: 3145, p. 22
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 6
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 10, 12, 44
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 52
- Era Report: 3145, p. 34
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 4
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 61, "Ryuken-go"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 130, "Ryuken-go Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 64, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3145"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 4
- Historical Turning Points: Misery, p. 9
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139 >Historical: War of 3039, p. 139
- 20-Year Update, p. 42
- Objective Raids, p.28
- Redemption Rift, Part 2, p. 12
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Field Manual: 3145
- Wolves on the Border (Novel)
- Historical Turning Points: Misery
- Field Report: DCMS
- Historical: War of 3039
- Invading Clans (sourcebook)
- Objective Raids
- Era Report: 3145
- Redemption Rift (BattleCorps Story)
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine