- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Sabaku Kaze Heavy Scout Hover Tank|
|Manufacturer||Buda Imperial Vehicles|
|Mission|| scouting |
|Armor||Nimakachi Type 3|
|Speed||151 k/ph km/h|
|Communications System||Dalban Series K|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban AQ|
The Sabaku Kaze or Desert Wind, was first produced by Buda Imperial Vehicles on Dabih in 2695. The vehicle was based on the ancient Age of War Azami Sand Devil design. The Scout Tank became a premier reconnaissance vehicle of its time. The hovercraft was highly popular with Azami warriors and their Combine commanders. It was prized for the high speed attacks that it could make on its targets.
The vehicle was to see service through the early Succession Wars, until 2883. During the Third Succession War a Davion strike on Dabih destroyed the production plant for the Sabaku Kaze. The raiders took great care to hit parts of plant that produced the fusion reactor for the hovercraft. The breach of the containment facilities caused a fire that destroyed the plant and covered the area with radiation. This rendered the site unusable, along with much of the surrounding area. The Sabaku Kaze faded from Combine front line units and history.
Weapons and Equipment
The vehicle is armed with four Intek Medium Lasers and two Intek Small Lasers in its turret. For its principal firepower, it carries forward and rear mounted Four-tube Holly Short-Range Missile Launchers with a ton of ammunition.
Powering the vehicle is a Nissan 215 rated fusion engine, which allows the 50 ton vehicle achieve its 141 kilometer speeds. To protect the vehicle, it is covered with 8.5 tons of standard 'Mech grade armor, which allows it survive encounters in its high speed runs.
Original Sabu Kaze from TRO:3075
- MUL online date for the Sabaku Kaze
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 202-203, "Sabaku Kaze vehicle profile".
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 194
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 91
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 1, p. 12