|Manufacturer||Lootera Spaceworks (Huntress), Crest Foundries|
|Power Plant||300 XL Engine|
|Communications System||Schedule 11|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Mark 11|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double Heat Sinks|
A heavy OmniFighter originally from Clan Smoke Jaguar, the Sabutai is designed to pack a massive amount of firepower, using forty-four and a half tons of podspace. Even using ferro-aluminum armor, it is not an especially tough frame for the weight, and can suffer from heat problems with its energy weapons. It first was used in the Trials of Position to engage the Inner Sphere.
Weapons and Equipment
The prime variant relies on its Gauss Rifle, which carries a full ton of ammo. It also has an impressive selection of wing mounted energy weapons that can cause serious damage to enemy fighters. It only carries two ER Small Lasers on the rear of the craft.
- Alt. Config. A
- Featuring a trio of large bore autocannons, a nose mounted LB 20-X AC supported by an Ultra AC/20 in each wing, the A can unleash a incredibly devastating hail of fire but is hampered by only carrying three tons of LBX reloads and a mere two tons for the ammo hungry Ultra guns. A back-up array of ER Small lasers, one fitted next to each autocannon, and a pair of ER Medium Lasers mounted aft barely provide enough protection when it attempts to resupply. BV (1.0) = 2,076, BV (2.0) = 2,406
- Alt. Config. B
- The B variant is an artillery spotter, carrying sophisticated electronics, including an ECM Suite and a TAG spotting laser. It can designate targets with its 12 Narcs. It carries five LRM-20 launchers, a Large Pulse Laser and an ER Small Laser on the nose. It also has a Medium Pulse Laser to discourage pursuit. It is a rare variant, seen only among the toumans of Clan Nova Cat and Clan Steel Viper. BV (1.0) = 2,555, BV (2.0) = 3,086
- Alt. Config. C
- The C variant is an all energy variant, boosting the double heat sinks by 22. It uses a quad nose mount of ER Large Lasers with two ER Small Lasers in the core. The wings carry three ER Medium Lasers. This variant is excellent for strafing runs and dogfighting. BV (1.0) = 2,972, BV (2.0) = 3,099
- Alt. Config. D
- Building on the success of the Sabutai-C, the D configuration replaces the four extended range large nose lasers with four Heavy Large Lasers, retaining the ER small laser. An ER medium is dropped from each wing to increase the extra number of double heat sinks carried to twenty-four in an effort to cope with the Config D's increased waste heat output. BV (1.0) = 2,463, BV (2.0) = 2,647
- Alt. Config. E
- Appearing during the Jihad the Sabutai-E carries a nose mounted Active Probe to find enemy targets. Once they're identified, the pilot engages them with a HAG/40 and Heavy Medium Laser in each wing. For rear defense, the fighter carries a Heavy Small Laser. The E version carries more fuel than the others, allowing it to remain on-station for a longer time. BV (2.0) = 3,159
Original Sabutai from TRO:3055
Reissued Sabutai from TRO:3055 Upgrade
Cut-away of Sabutai from TechManual
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 20, "Crest Foundries"
- MUL online date for the Sabutai
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 192-193, "Sabutai OmniFighter Profile and BV listing"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 135
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 184
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 345
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 160-161, "Sabutai Fighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, pp. 144-145, "Sabutai OmniFighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 137
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 346
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 136
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 347
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 138
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 348
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 349
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 350
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 351
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 88