- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
Sadalbari neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||137.775 : 42.859[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
|Ruler|| Kevin Swenson (Governor)|
Brett Oppenhamer (Planetary Legate)
- 2317 - Independent world 
- 2319 - Independent world 
- 2571 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2764 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2786 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3058 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
Sadalbari is a mostly tropical world; most of the two major continents, Aberlani and Beth'lamel, and the island continent of New Kenya are covered with rainforests and jungles.
The first colonists to settle on Sadalbari originated in the African and Middle Eastern regions of Terra; to these early settlers, the lush rainforests and jungles of Sadalbari resembled a paradise compared to the rocky deserts and grasslands they had left behind them with their exodus. The settlers were keen to establish a peaceful and largely agrarian lifestyle, and the majority of the first settlements reflected this aspiration, being settlements orientated around cattle ranching and farming. These early settlements soon discovered that the majority of the food crops from Terra refused to grow in the native soil of Sadalbari, and as a result food crops native to the planet became the major crops, eventually becoming a primary export off-world.
Star League Era
During the Star League era a company named MediTech Industries identified that the rich jungles native to Sadalbari were a potentially rich source for medicines. MediTech - a pharmaceutical corporation - received a grant from the Star League to exploit the potential of the Sadalbarian jungles and to construct an elaborate research and development facility on the northern continent of Aberlani. The facility was built on the edge of the Waltabu Valley jungle, but was abandoned after the Amaris Civil War and the dissolution of the Star League.
After the First Succession War a local medical research company, Sadalbari Solutions, reopened the abandoned MexiTech Industries lab; Sadalbari Solutions grew substantially over the years, diversifying into various product markets and selling a range of items from specialized dietary supplements to anticancer treatments. Although Sadalbari Solutions became an interplanetary corporation it continued to use the former MediTech facility as its corporate headquarters.
Whilst Aderlani was the site of the Sadalbari Solutions headquarters the planetary capital, Ramolia, was located on the southern polar continent of Beth'lamel; Ramolia was established in the Green Valley region. The chief port city on Sadalbari was Delhirahn, which was located on New Kenya.
War of 3039
Sadalbari was a target in the First Wave of the War of 3039 because it served as a link to Proserpina and could act as a base for possible DCMS reinforcement. At the time the world was defended by the 2nd Shin Legion under the command of Tai-sa Victor Coale along with numerous conventional forces. Field Marshal James Sandoval assigned the inexperienced 3rd FedCom RCT and the battle-proven 5th Davion Guards to take the planet, under the overall command of Marshal Vernon Cunningham. In the opening moves of a daring plan concocted by Marshal Cunningham, the invasion force made a 1 G burn in to the system and on 15 April launched aerospace fighters to destroy the planet's communication network, followed by direct strikes at at the two large military bases at Origian and Xantal.
In the battle for Xantal, two jump infantry regiments made a dangerous nighttime combat drop right into the military reservation, catching most of the garrison off-guard. Thousands of DCMS troopers were taken prisoner or cut down as the jump infantry swarmed over barracks and hangers. By mid-day the reservation was in Federated Suns hands, along with thousands of prisoners, nearly two hundred armored vehicles, and twenty-four 'Mechs.
The battle to seize control of the Origian reservation was far more difficult however. The bulk of the invasion force landed in the plains outside the military complex, but their attention was split by attempting to also take the nearby Solus City, and Major General Thomas Davion delayed in launching the attack until all his units had disembarked. This gave the Combine units time to throw together a hasty defense, consisting of a battalion from the Shin legion and several combined-arms regiments, and throw back the first of General Davion's assaults. The second assault was similarly rebuffed when the defenders fell back to a secondary line and continued to resist into the night; by the next day this rearguard and the rest of the units at the Origian reservation had managed to withdraw.
General Davion's familial connections, and the success of Major General Anya Tam in taking Solus City, was the only thing preventing the Marshal from sacking him immediately for allowing a total of nearly three DCMS regiments - including a regiment of heavy armor and a 'Mech battalion - to escape. The Combine force also had strong anti-aircraft capabilities, assault VTOLs and conventional fighters, which, in addition to several days of bad weather, nullified the Federated Suns' aerospace superiority. However they had nearly 800 kilometers of terrain to cover before they could regroup at the next military base, and their stops at towns and villages along the way to pick up supplies and volunteers slowed down their head-start. Marshal Cunningham ordered General Davion to take the bulk of the invasion force, including a full regiment of Davion Guard and 3rd FedCom 'Mechs, and pursue the Kuritan forces while General Tam secured Solus City.
As he had been cautious in the opening battle though, so was General Davion in his pursuit of the Combine forces: for a week he was content to probe and pressure their lines rather than launch a full assault. On 26 April Marshal Cunningham and his staff personally visited Davion's HQ on the Amber Plain for a meeting with the general and his regimental commanders. At that same moment Tai-sa Coale launched a flanking attack and dropped a battalion of infantry behind enemy lines, succeeding in overrunning the command post and capturing both Cunningham and Davion. Operations officer Major Jack Roberts, commanding the First Battalion of the 'Mech force, took command and ordered a general retreat.
The capture of many command-level officers left General Tam as the senior-most officer on Sadalbari, and after receiving Major Roberts and his survivors she ordered him to attack the Kuritans on 27 April, although his orders were only to force their retreat. Breveted to Leftenant Colonel, Roberts instead pushed hard against the Combine force, keeping close to the action himself along with a couple of fast 'Mech companies. When he saw a gap in the lines weakly held by a motorized infantry battalion he struck, pushing all the way to Coale's command post and capturing it; although Coale and his command staff escaped along with General Davion as a prisoner, Roberts was able to free Marshal Cunningham. The Combine force fled after losing nearly a third of its units that day, and for his actions Roberts was promoted to Colonel and awarded the Federated Suns Star.
For ten more days Colonel Roberts pursued the Combine force, which managed to link up with the rest of the Shin Legion, survivors from Xantal, and three regiments of mixed DCMS and militia units. In the end though Tai-sa Coale could only withdraw in the face of Roberts' aggression. In early May he succeeded in reaching the Kotiate Range, blasted closed the mountain passes, and took shelter in the remains of a Castle Brian in Salas County. Protected behind the mountain range and with the heavy winter storm season upon them, the situation on Sadalbari settled into something of a stalemate: while he could not eliminate the remaining Combine forces, Marshal Cunningham was able to secure his control over the rest of the world. The 151st Light Horse Regiment would arrive in late June to take part in some clean-up operations and in preparation for the planned attack on Homam.
- Second Shin Legion
- Second Shin Legion
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 65, "Sadalbari World Profile"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 18, "Federated Suns at their Founding  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding" -  Map
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succesion War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succesion War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), "Federated Suns -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 71, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- ">Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere - [October 3067] Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 45-47
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 137, "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 42, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report: DCMS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130