- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Power Plant||PlasmaStar 270 XL|
|Communications System||Lassitor FibroLink|
|Tracking & Targeting System||BANDAR 9|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,293|
The Sagittarii is a post-Jihad designed Aerospace Fighter, produced by Boeing Interstellar on Terra. The fighter came into existence due to the newly formed Republic of the Sphere's need for a standardized Aerospace Fighter. The fighter gained notice after its deployment during a friendly joint war game with the Federated Suns over the skies of New Hessen in 3085. However, the Republic, despite its good relations with the Suns, has refused to allow this design to be sold to outside parties.
The craft's design is owed in part to Wangker Aerospace's Tomahawk. Boeing had purchased the remaining assets of the company and used the ancient Star League era fighter as the basis for the Sagittarii. The craft is protected by 11.5 tons of Fiber 15 Heavy Ferro-Aluminum, with near-even amounts around hull and a light increase of armor on its nose. The fighter is considered to be faster than some lighter designs. The Sagittarii has only a 4 ton fuel tank, which allows for only modest-ranged engagements.
Weapons and Equipment
The fighter uses a pair of 7-tubed Multi-Missile Launchers, one mounted in each wing, for both long-range firepower and to supplement its short-range capacities. Mounted in its nose is a Donal Snub-Nose PPC, which is its only energy weapon.
The craft carries four tons of ammunition for both of its missile launchers.
- Technical Readout: 3085 pp. 114-115, "SGT-2R Sagittarii"
- MUL online enty for the Sagittarii
- MUL online enty for the Sagittarii SGT-3R variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 170
- MUL online enty for the Sagittarii SGT-4R variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 205