- This article is about the Capellan Confederation planetary system. For the Lyran Commonwealth system, see Sakhalin (LC).
|X:Y Coordinates||61.773 : -141.685[e]|
|Recharge time||196 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Nadir, Zenith|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Sakhalin V
- 5 Notes
- 6 Map Gallery
- 7 Nearby Systems
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3029 - Federated Suns (from September/October)
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3058 - Sarna Supremacy
- 3063 - Sarna Supremacy (Capellan Protectorate)
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation
- 3133 - Capellan Confederation
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation
|Also known as||Sakhalin V|
|Jump Point distance||4.85 days|
|Moons||3 (Lopatina, Nogliki, Okhotsk)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||13°C (Boreal)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Political Leader||Planetary Governor|
|Military Commander||Legate Lerato Nazarov (3111)|
Fourth Succession War
Despite ComStar placing the Federated Suns under a communications interdiction after the invasion of Sarna in mid-3029, the Capellan Operations Command of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns received enough positive reports from the fifth wave of Operation RAT to launch the sixth wave in the second week of August 3029. The decision to launch wave six was in part driven by contact from planetary governments in the unconquered region of the Sarna Commonality, indicating that the perceived threat of being annexed by the Free Worlds League was prompting a groundswell of opinion among those governments that being absorbed by the Federated Suns was a preferable alternative to being conquered by House Marik. The countless raids and invasions by the Free Worlds League Military over the centuries had embedded an intense hatred of House Marik among the planetary populations within the region, and confidence in the Capellan Confederation's ability to defend them was falling.
The Fifth Crucis Lancers Regimental Combat Team was assigned to capture Sakhalin as a part of wave six, and were under the impression that the only garrison on the planet was the planetary militia. The initial landing parties from the Fifth were stunned when they came under attack from the First Battalion of Kamakura's Hussars; the Hussars lived up to their reputation for a lack of battlefield discipline by launching a rash, almost suicidal attack against the Fifth's drop zones. Breaking into lances and dispersing when they met heavy resistance, the Hussars were able to inflict damage and retreat while the bemused Lancers concentrated on securing their drop zones. The Hussars then fought for three weeks before enough damage was inflicted on them to convince them to abandon their hit-and-run attacks and abandon Sakhalin.
Operation GUERRERO, Xin Sheng and the Jihad
After a generation of House Steiner-Davion's rule, Sakhalin found itself freed from the Federated Commonwealth in 3057 when Operation GUERRERO resulted in the Sarna March dissolving into the Chaos March. After the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces' attempt to retake Sarna failed, that world swiftly annexed Sakhalin for its mineral resources. Together with agricultural Kaifeng, the three worlds made up the reborn Sarna Supremacy.
A year later, raiders from Menkib hit Sakhalin in July to create a diversion while Warrior House Hiritsu infiltrated and subdued Kaifeng. The fall of Kaifeng to Capellan troops left Sakhalin without its primary food source and vulnerable to Capellan influence.
Over the following years the resulting food shortages and rationing of exports to Sakhalin were leveraged by the Capellan government to wean that world back into the Confederation. In 3062 it and Sarna became a Capellan protectorate; in 3066, Sakhalin was absorbed as a full-fledged Confederation world.
The Dark Age
During the post-Jihad years, Sakhalin provided a base for Capellan-backed piracy against the Republic of the Sphere after the failure of Operation GOLDEN FORTRESS. By the time the Capellan Crusades broke out, it had become a key border world.
During that war, Kai Allard-Liao landed on 14 January 3113 with the remnants of the Fifth Hastati Sentinels and engaged the Red Lancers and Death Commandos at Bedlam's Barrow. There, the legendary MechWarrior met his end, falling to a stray missile. Only the timely intervention of Stone's Lament saved the remaining Republic troops.
- Second Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- Kamakura's Hussars (First Battalion) (until October)
What little is known about Sakhalin describes it as a frozen waste where crops can only be grown in expensive greenhouse environments; the population is concentrated in mining settlements along the equator that depend on food imports from elsewhere.
The system's name is alternately spelled Sachalin (especially in German sources), probably to differentiate it from the Lyran Commonwealth world that also bears the name Sakhalin. For that world, see Sakhalin (LC).
|Closest 68 systems (68 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Heligoland||24.5||New Macao||24.9||Ulan Bator||26.0||Bora||28.1|
|No Return||36.1||Yunnah||37.6||Second Try||37.7||Lhasa||38.0|
|Capella||38.6||New Sagan||40.3||Corey||40.7||St. Andre||41.2|
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 4: "Atlas - Sakhalin"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103: "Inner Sphere Map - 3151"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VII: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17: "Capellan Confederation Founding - 2366 Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13: "Timeline: Capellan Zone"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. xi: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 23
- First Succession War, p. 25
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- First Succession War, p. 113
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), foldout: "Map of the Capellan Confederation - 
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 51: "Sixth Wave"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 54: "Sakhalin"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, pp. 42–43
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 34: "Firebee MilitiaMech"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Binding Force, Prologue
- Binding Force, ch. 2
- Binding Force, Epilogue
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 58: "Whatever Works"
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 4: "Sakhalin"
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, pp. 25–26: "Touchpoint: Sakhalin"
- MUL introduction date for the Firebee MilitiaMech, introduced shortly before the battle
- Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 16: "Regimental Status"
- First Succession War, p. 135: "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 106: "Unit Deployment Table"
- Chaos March, p. 12: "Unit Note"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34: "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- Chaos March, p. 13: "Alliances"
- Binding Force
- Chaos March
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: CCAF
- Field Report 2765: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades
- Shattered Fortress
- Technical Readout: Irregulars