- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
Saltillo nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-310.742 : -82.508[e]|
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 2786 - Free Worlds League 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3052 - Free Worlds League 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3062 - Free Worlds League 
- 3079 - Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey 
- 3081 - Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey 
- 3130 - Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey 
- 3135 - Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey 
- 3145 - Free Worlds League 
Star League Era
During the Star League era both Saltillo and the nearby Millungera system were jointly administered by the Free Worlds League and the Star League, with the intention on keeping an eye on the traffic moving in and out of the region known as the Bolan Thumb. In 2783 the Free Worlds League annexed Millungera completely, and the next year the League annexed Saltillo; these annexations were cited as signs of "naked aggression" on the part of the Free Worlds League by the Lyran Commonwealth in 2785 when the Commonwealth launched a pre-emptive strike on Bolan.
After the attacks on the nearby worlds of Khon Kaen and Poulsbo in March 3075 by what were purported to be Circinian forces - including the liberal use of suicide bombers - the Saltillo Port Authority began quarantining all shipments from either world to allow for checks to be made to ensure that suicide bombers and terrorists were unable to move from either world to Saltillo.
The Dark Age
Saltillo was attacked by mercenary units in the employ of the Lyran Commonwealth in 3113. The defending Second Tamarind Regulars faced the Spider's Web Battalion of Wolf's Dragoons and the Seventeenth Recon Regiment - also known as Camacho's Caballeros; the Second managed to push the Caballeros off Saltillo.
| Closest 36 systems (36 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 179-180, "Camacho's Caballeros"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War, p. 24, "Inner Sphere - 2786"
- First Succession War, p. 112, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "Free Worlds League Deployment Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- First Succession War, p. 17, "The Bolan Offensive"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 25, "Protective Measures"