Samarkand (Individual Samarkand-class WarShip)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
The DCS Samarkand was the first-of-class WarShip of the Samarkand-class carrier, launched in 2579. By 2581 the Samarkand had been joined in service by the DCS Benjamin, and both vessels fought against the Outworlds Alliance military during the Reunification War.
Two more carriers later joined the Samarkand and the Benjamin in service in 2585, the DCS Alshain and the DCS Dieron, and all four ships served throughout the Reunification War, although one had been lost in service by the end of the conflict. The remaining three ships assisted in colonization efforts launched by the Draconis Combine after the war, but would remain the only ships built in the first block of Samarkand production; when Coordinator Urizen Kurita II authorized production of the Samarkand to recommence in 2668, it was at a new build standard.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 216, "Samarkand (Carrier)"