2nd Galatean Defense Force
|Second Galatean Defense Force|
|Affiliation||Republic of the Sphere|
|Parent Command||Galatean Defense Force|
The Galatean Defense Force came into being in 3144 as a result of the invasion of Galatea by Clan Jade Falcon, born in December 3144 from the many independent mercenary units that fought alongside the Republic Remnant forces led by Damien Redburn.
The units that merged to form the Second Galatean Defense Force ranged in size from a single lance up to a full battalion in size, and while the majority of the various units had never worked together, Hansen's Roughriders spent two months working and training with the Second and her sister regiment, the First Galatean Defense Force, helping to forge unified units from the disparate elements.
As a consequence of the manner in which the Second formed it was built around a core of medium BattleMechs and a couple of companies of light and medium Combat Vehicles; those who organized the Second appeared to have a bias towards Quad 'Mechs, with the regiment's commanding officer, Lieutenant Colonel Morgan Flynn, commanding the regiment from her Thunder Fox.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Galatean Defense Force|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Morgan Flynn||3145|
The Second's tactical doctrine favored using its mobility to gain as much of an advantage as possible while making hit-and-run attacks.
Second Galatean Defense Force (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Morgan Flynn
- - At this point in time the Second was operating at fifty-five percent of full strength and was stationed on Syrma.
- The Second Galatean Defense Force receives a +2 Initiative Bonus for the first five turns of a battle if it includes one Quad 'Mech per lance.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 181, "Galatean Defense Force"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182, "Notable Mercenary Forces - Unaligned/Uncontracted"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 211, "Mercenaries"