- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|X:Y Coordinates||-2.016 : 1749.942[e]|
- System Name: Shadow
- Star Type: B8IV
- Position in System: 1 of 2
- Time to Jump Point: 62.07 days
- Surface Water: 40%
- Atmosphere: Standard (virally tainted)
- Surface Gravity: 0.7
- Equator Temperature: 35 degree Celsius
- Percentage and Level of Native Life: Reptiles
According to an apocryphal source, Shadow is a large moon orbiting a gas giant with such a high gravity that the libration point (Lagrange point) forms a stable "pirate point" a few hundred thousand kilometers from Shadow some three times per month, close enough even for aerospace fighters and small craft to make the trip. The system's sun is only a slightly larger star in Shadow's dark sky which is dominated by the gas giant. The world is in twilight most of the time, with no discernible day-night-cycle but strong polar lights, and has surface temperatures between 80 and 160 degrees centigrade below zero. The same source also cited a surface gravity of almost 0.9g.
Era Specific Data
Garrisoning Military Force
- 3rd Sainze Honor Guard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 53rd Assault (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 14th Sainze Rear Guard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 12th Support (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 1st Striker Payne (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 71st Firestorm (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 202nd Firebrand (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 87th Mandrill Airborne (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 17th Auxiliary (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 27th Vanguard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 11th Battle Force (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 32nd Vanguard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2821 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 2840 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3025 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3030 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3040 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3052 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3057 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3062 - Clan Fire Mandrill - 100 %
- 3067 - Clan Fire Mandrill - 100 %
- 3069 - Clan Fire Mandrill, Clan Coyote
- 3075 - Abandoned
As of 3053, Shadow was apocryphally noted to have previously been a Clan Smoke Jaguar holding, but large areas had been ceded to the other invading Clans as a jump-off world on the way to the Inner Sphere with the provision that large-scale live fire exercises could be carried out there before troops embarked on the year-long journey.
- Kindraa Sainze Primary Production Facility - BattleMech factory in Kindraa Sainze control. The facilities were reconditioned by 3060 produce the Predator and in limited numbers, The Mandrill BattleMechs.
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). |
Closest planets first:
Distance between worlds was measured using Pentagon and Kerensky Cluster (2821) shown in the Historical: Operation Klondike. This map presented a Light-year scale measurement. These are proximate distances.
- Katze unter Bären, p. 81
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 113, Clan-Space Worlds Table - Shadow's data includes 3062 population.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 114, Political Balance Table - Shadow data shows the Fire Mandrills have full control of the planet.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 148 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 150 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 114
- Field Manual Update p. 39
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 38
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 248
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 79
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 78, "Fire Mandrill Demographics": Shadow shown at 100% controlled by Fire Mandrills and its is the Clan's capital world.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 46-47, "Salamander": Fluff includes its being manufactured on Shadow. No specific name of complex given.
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 140, "Mandrill": BattleMech produced at Kindraa Sainze in limited numbers.
- TRO:3060, p. 144, 166, "Predator tells story of old manufacturing plant being reconditioned on Shadow to increase production of Predator and re-introducing the clan unifying totem 'Mech, the Mandrill".
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 164, "Trition ProtoMech Profile"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 135 - Brim measurements between existing colonized worlds.