Shadow nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-2.016 : 1749.942[e]|
|Spectral class||K8V (199 hours)|
Shadow was part of the earliest colonization effort in the Kerensky Cluster.
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2821 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 2840 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3025 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3030 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3040 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3052 - Clan Fire Mandrill- 100%
- 3057 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3062 - Clan Fire Mandrill - 100 %
- 3067 - Clan Fire Mandrill - 100 %
- 3069 - Clan Fire Mandrill, Clan Coyote
- 3075 - Abandoned
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (virally tainted)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
According to an apocryphal source, Shadow is a large moon orbiting a gas giant with such a high gravity that the libration point (Lagrange point) forms a stable "pirate point" a few hundred thousand kilometers from Shadow some three times per month, close enough even for aerospace fighters and small craft to make the trip. The system's sun is only a slightly larger star in Shadow's dark sky which is dominated by the gas giant. The world is in twilight most of the time, with no discernible day-night-cycle but strong polar lights, and has surface temperatures between –80° and –160° Celsius. The same source also cited a surface gravity of almost 0.9g.
As of 3053, Shadow was apocryphally noted to have previously been a Clan Smoke Jaguar holding, but large areas had been ceded to the other invading Clans as a jump-off world on the way to the Inner Sphere with the provision that large-scale live-fire exercises could be carried out there before troops embarked on the year-long journey.
The world is reportedly completely controlled by factionalist Clan Fire Mandrill as of 3062, and noted as their capital world.
In 3002 Clan Fire Mandrill traded the design of their Viper OmniMech and control of the manufacturing facility Upsilon Plant 2J to Clan Ghost Bear in exchange for several production runs of the Executioner OmniMech, in part because of the ongoing problems they were suffering with the OmniPod technology on the Viper. The Ghost Bears were unwilling to maintain a single small enclave on Shadow, surrounded by warring Kindraa, and chose to dismantle the plant and move it to their holdings on Strana Mechty.
The planet was historically a Clan Fire Mandrill holding. When Kindraa Mick-Kreese-Kline-Sainze was marked to be Reaved, Clan Coyote took it in 3072 during what was identified as the Battle of Shadow.
Era Specific Data
- 3rd Sainze Honor Guard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 53rd Assault (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 14th Sainze Rear Guard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 12th Support (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 1st Striker Payne (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 71st Firestorm (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 202nd Firebrand (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 87th Mandrill Airborne (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 17th Auxiliary (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 27th Vanguard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 11th Battle Force (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 32nd Vanguard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
The Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga enclave produces the Salamander at one its manufacturing centers.
- Kindraa Sainze Primary Production Facility - BattleMech factory in Kindraa Sainze control. The facilities were reconditioned by 3060 produce the Predator and in limited numbers, the Mandrill BattleMechs.
- Upsilon Plant 2J (until 3002)
- Weapons Plant FM-R33707, production facility for the Spartan C
|Closest 20 systems (9 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
Distance between worlds was measured using Pentagon and Kerensky Cluster (2821) shown in the Historical: Operation Klondike. This map presented a light-year scale measurement. These are proximate distances.
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 236
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 79
- ↑ Clan Homeworlds 3052 Poster (Kickstarter)
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 114
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 39
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 38
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving, p. 248
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Katze unter Bären, p. 81
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 78: "Fire Mandrill Demographics": Shadow shown at 100% controlled by Fire Mandrills and is the Clan's capital world
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, p. 28: "Dragonfly"
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 113: Clan-Space Worlds Table - Shadow's data includes 3062 population
- ↑ The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 114: Political Balance Table - Shadow data shows the Fire Mandrills have full control of the planet
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 14.5 14.6 Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 148: "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 15.5 Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 150: "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 46–47: "Salamander": Fluff includes its being manufactured on Shadow. No specific name of complex given
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3060, p. 140: "Mandrill": BattleMech produced at Kindraa Sainze in limited numbers
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 144, 166: "Predator tells story of old manufacturing plant being reconditioned on Shadow to increase production of Predator and reintroducing the Clan unifying totem 'Mech, the Mandrill"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 164: "Triton ProtoMech Profile"
- ↑ Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 38: "Spartan C"
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 135: Brim measurements between existing colonized worlds