- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
Shadow nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-2.016 : 1749.942[e]|
- System Name: Shadow
- Star Type: B8IV
- Position in System: 1 of 2
- Time to Jump Point: 62.07 days
- Surface Water: 40%
- Atmosphere: Standard (virally tainted)
- Surface Gravity: 0.7
- Equator Temperature: 35 degree Celsius
- Percentage and Level of Native Life: Reptiles
According to an apocryphal source, Shadow is a large moon orbiting a gas giant with such a high gravity that the libration point (Lagrange point) forms a stable "pirate point" a few hundred thousand kilometers from Shadow some three times per month, close enough even for aerospace fighters and small craft to make the trip. The system's sun is only a slightly larger star in Shadow's dark sky which is dominated by the gas giant. The world is in twilight most of the time, with no discernible day-night-cycle but strong polar lights, and has surface temperatures between 80 and 160 degrees centigrade below zero. The same source also cited a surface gravity of almost 0.9g.
Era Specific Data
Garrisoning Military Force
- 3rd Sainze Honor Guard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 53rd Assault (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 14th Sainze Rear Guard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 12th Support (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 1st Striker Payne (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 71st Firestorm (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 202nd Firebrand (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 87th Mandrill Airborne (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 17th Auxiliary (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 27th Vanguard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 11th Battle Force (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 32nd Vanguard Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2821 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 2840 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3025 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3030 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3040 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3052 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3057 - Clan Fire Mandrill
- 3062 - Clan Fire Mandrill - 100 %
- 3067 - Clan Fire Mandrill - 100 %
- 3069 - Clan Fire Mandrill, Clan Coyote
- 3075 - Abandoned
As of 3053, Shadow was apocryphally noted to have previously been a Clan Smoke Jaguar holding, but large areas had been ceded to the other invading Clans as a jump-off world on the way to the Inner Sphere with the provision that large-scale live fire exercises could be carried out there before troops embarked on the year-long journey.
In 3002 Clan Fire Mandrill traded the design of their Viper OmniMech and control of the manufacturing facility Upsilon Plant 2J to Clan Ghost Bear in exchange for several production runs of the Gladiator OmniMech, in part because of the ongoing problems they were suffering with the OmniPod technology on the Viper. The Ghost Bears were unwilling to maintain a single small enclave on Shadow, surrounded by warring kindraa, and chose to dismantle the plant and move it to their holdings on Strana Mechty.
- Kindraa Sainze Primary Production Facility - BattleMech factory in Kindraa Sainze control. The facilities were reconditioned by 3060 produce the Predator and in limited numbers, the Mandrill BattleMechs.
| Closest 20 systems (9 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
Distance between worlds was measured using Pentagon and Kerensky Cluster (2821) shown in the Historical: Operation Klondike. This map presented a Light-year scale measurement. These are proximate distances.
- Katze unter Bären, p. 81
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 113, Clan-Space Worlds Table - Shadow's data includes 3062 population.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 114, Political Balance Table - Shadow data shows the Fire Mandrills have full control of the planet.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 148 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 150 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 114
- Field Manual Update p. 39
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 38
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 248
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 79
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 78, "Fire Mandrill Demographics": Shadow shown at 100% controlled by Fire Mandrills and its is the Clan's capital world.
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, p. 28, "Dragonfly"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 46-47, "Salamander": Fluff includes its being manufactured on Shadow. No specific name of complex given.
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 140, "Mandrill": BattleMech produced at Kindraa Sainze in limited numbers.
- TRO:3060, p. 144, 166, "Predator tells story of old manufacturing plant being reconditioned on Shadow to increase production of Predator and re-introducing the clan unifying totem 'Mech, the Mandrill".
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 164, "Trition ProtoMech Profile"
- Historical: Operation Klondike, p. 135 - Brim measurements between existing colonized worlds.