- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Sheriff Infantry Support Tank|
|Manufacturer||Majesty Metals and Manufacturing|
|Armor||StarSlab/7 Heavy Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Engine||Magna 95 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Duotech 65|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 911|
Introduced shortly before the end of the thirty-first century by Majesty Metals and Manufacturing and manufactured in their plant on Dunianshire, the Sheriff Infantry Support Tank is a common sight within the various allies of the Capellan Confederation.
Relatively unambitious in design, the Sheriff proved to have uses beyond simply acting as mobile cover for infantry; crews would often carry multiple different types of ammunition for the turret-mounted light autocannons, allowing the Sheriff to tailor its performance to the demands of the mission or battle.
Powered by a Magna 95 fuel cell engine, the Sheriff was relatively fast given its original design parameters, and ten tons of heavy ferro-fibrous armor helped protect the Sheriff in battle.
Weapons and Equipment
The Sheriff mounted a pair of Pontiac Ultralight Light Class 5 Autocannons in a single turret, supplied with no less than four tons of ammunition. To protect it from infantry, each Sheriff mounted four Niu Tou B-Pods, one mounted to each of the front, rear, left and right arcs.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 16-17, "Sheriff Infantry Support Tank"
- MUL online date for the Sheriff
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 78