|Sherpa Armored Vehicle|
|Manufacturer||Vandenberg Mechanized Industries|
|Use||Logistic Transport |
Auxiliary Mechanized Infantry Transport
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Tracked (Medium)|
|Cruise Speed||40 km/h|
|Flank Speed||60 km/h|
|Power Plant||Internal Combustion Engine|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||1,071 km|
|Crew||3 (2 enlisted/non-rated, 1 gunners)|
In service since the Age of War era, the Sherpa Armored Truck is a logistic transport which is used by both Inner Sphere and Periphery powers. The Sherpa typically works behind the frontlines, providing the means to relay much-needed supplies during mobile campaigns. Though not meant for the rigors of combat, it is a durable vehicle and its design has been adapted to perform various roles other than from moving cargo.
Despite being built to civilian standards, it is a simple design and that has allowed it to endure for centuries as a reliable backbone unit for both advanced and poor militaries alike.
Equipment and Capabilities
Designed as a Medium Sized Support Vehicle, the vehicle has long been a staple providing crucial support to various militaries. Part of its longevity is due to its simple construction, which while highly durable is also easily repaired with commonly available civilian parts. Its armored chassis carries two tons of BAR 10 grade armor protection, which is the civilian equivalent to what is used for Combat Vehicles. Powered by a Petrochemical powered Internal Combustion Engine, the vehicle is designed to travel long distances with heavy loads. However, one of the Sherpa's known flaws is its high fuel consumption, which can be a hindrance in long campaigns.
The Vehicle is outfitted with a single military-grade Machine Gun, which is mounted in a turret. A ton of ammunition is provided, giving it the ability to last for prolonged amounts time without re-arming. While not as accurate as frontline combat vehicles, the machine gun's Basic Fire Control gives its gunner some degree of accuracy.
The vehicle is designed to haul 7 tons of cargo with access to the bay from the rear.
- Sherpa Armored Truck (Fuel Tanker)- The Sherpa's normal cargo bay is switched to a liquid tank for refueling purposes.
- Sherpa Armored Truck (Mobile Headquarters)- Designed as a Mobile HQ vehicle.
- Sherpa Armored Truck (Mobile Canteen)- This version of the truck is equipped with a Field Kitchen to provide meals for infantry in the field.
- Sherpa Armored Truck (MASH)- Mobile Army Surgical Hospital variant of the Sherpa is utilized to treat wounded troops in the field.
The Sherpa Armored Truck has the following Design Quirks:
As of this writing, there is no published BV or record sheets for this vehicle or its variants.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 46, "Sherpa Armored Truck"
- MUL online Profile for the Sherpa which includes Date
- MUL Entry for the Sherpa Armored Truck (Fuel Tanker) variant.
- MUL Entry for the Sherpa Armored Truck (MHQ) variant
- MUL Entry for the Sherpa Armored Truck (Mobile Canteen) variant
- MUL Entry for the Sherpa Armored Truck (MASH) variant