- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Shillelagh Missile Tank|
|Manufacturer||Buda Imperial Vehicles|
|Armor||8 tonnes of StarSlab/2 (16 PPT, BAR 10)|
|Engine||Nissan 200 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Sipher CommSys 2|
|Targeting Tracking System||Rat's Eyes|
|Heat Sinks||1 Heat Sink included with Fuel Cell|
|BV (1.0)||??? |
The Shillelagh Missile Tank is an early thirty-second century Combat Vehicle which was first produced for the Draconis Combine. Originally designed and prototyped during the 2nd Succession War, the vehicle suffered from instability and other technical problems that proved to be insurmountable at the time. Shortly after the Second Combine-Dominion War, the DCMS was in need of an inexpensive replacement vehicle for its militia forces. For this reason, engineers at Buda Imperial Vehicles revived the Shillelagh. Redesigned with inexpensive thirty-second century technology, the tank entered production as part of the Combine's efforts to rebuild its frontline forces by swapping more effective combat vehicle designs taken from the militias and replacing them with vehicles like the Shillelagh. Despite it being redesigned, the vehicle still is haunted by lingering design flaws.
Weapons and Equipment
The heart of the Shillelagh is a 200-rated Nissan Fuel Cell Engine, giving it an inexpensive but reasonable power source and top flank speed. The 40 ton vehicle is protected by 8 tons of StarSlab/2 standard armor, which is slightly focused more in its turret and front.
Its main offensive batteries consists of three Shigunga 5-Tube Multi-Missile Launchers which are mounted in the turret. These launchers draw from four ammo bins (1 ton each) found in the center of the vehicle. The Shillelagh's only other weapons are a pair of Sperry Browning Light Machine Guns, which are mounted in the tank's front.
- Shillelagh Missile Tank (Original)
- The original version and top-heavy version did not succeed into getting from the prototype stages of its development. This lightly armored ICE powered version Shillelagh was armed with a single 15-tubed Long-Range Missile Launcher with 2 tons of ammunition, while its anti-infantry weaponry consisted of a single Machine Gun. BV(2.0)=584
Though StarDrive (formerly known as STARDATE) is no longer counted as a source of BattleTech canon, the Shillelagh did make an appearance there, perhaps even its first appearance judging by the date of publication.
- MUL online date for the Shillelagh
- StarDrive (Apocryphal)
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 17 Shillelagh - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 123
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 17 Shillelagh - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 16-17, 68 Shillelagh - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, pp. 16,69 Shillelagh - Variants
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 124
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 16 Shillelagh - Design Quirks