- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Corean-II Deluxe endo steel|
|Engine||Hermes 250 XL|
|Communications System||Corean Transband-J9|
|Targeting Tracking System||Corean B-Tech with Artemis IV|
|Heat Sinks||11 double|
The Shockwave was created by the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth in the years after the Jihad. Its high top speed, strong armor, and powerful weapons make it a popular choice around the Inner Sphere. Mobile and heavily-armed for a 50-ton 'Mech, the Shockwave can deliver a withering barrage and has the heat-sinks to keep it up almost indefinitely. The use of standard armor and commonly employed weapons allows the Shockwave to be used on nearly any battlefield. This popularity and ease of maintenance allowed Earthwerks-FWL to export it to many buyers across the Inner Sphere, bringing much-needed capital into their accounts.
Weapons and Equipment
The Shockwave is geared primarily for long-range attacks. The combination of its Artemis IV FCS-enhanced Zeus LRM-10 launcher and Martell ER large laser provide effective firepower at long range, supplemented by an Imperator RAC/5 for devastating firepower should opposing units close in. The only drawback to this weapon configuration is the 'Mech's heavy reliance on ammunition; if the one ton ammo bays for each weapon run dry, the Shockwave is left with only a single laser to defend itself.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 80-81, "SKW-2F Shockwave"
- MUL online data for the Shockwave
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 60
- MUL online date for the Shockwave SKW-4G variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 118
- MUL online date for the Shockwave SKW-6H variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 122
- MUL online date for the Shockwave SKW-8X variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 123
- BattleMech Manual, p. 94 BattleMech Quirk Table - Shockwave Entry.