Sigma Galaxy (Clan Wolf)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Wolf touman|
After the Battle of Tukayyid in 3052 Epsilon Galaxy was renamed Sigma Galaxy and acted as a garrison galaxy within the Clan Wolf touman for the newly won Occupation Zone. By 3054 Sigma had its clusters spread across the Wolf territory including in the near Periphery.
Clan Jade Wolf
Sigma Galaxy survived the Refusal War relatively intact. Khan Vlad Ward had Sigma retrained and restructured, handing command of the Galaxy to Katya Kerensky. As the Crusader Wolves reorganised it was renamed as Epsilon Galaxy for the short existence of Clan Jade Wolf, hearkening back to it's previous incarnation, effectively disbanding Sigma Galaxy. This situation lasted for only 19 days (14 Dec 3057 - 2 Jan 3058) before Khan Vlad Ward rechristened the Clan to full active status as the new Clan Wolf after killing the newly elected ilKhan Elias Crichell
In a show of strength after the resurgence of Clan Wolf; Vlad ordered Katya Kerensky to have the Galaxy rendered "battle-worthy." Katya passed a single Cluster over to the other front-line galaxies that were rebuilding, transferred out the worst of the burnouts and solahmas and forged the remaining forces into a new, rebuilt Delta Galaxy. 
The Dark Age
Sigma Galaxy was resurrected after the invasion of the Lyran Commonwealth in the 3140s and the subsequent founding of the Wolf Empire. Sigma Galaxy was the second of two galaxies to be raised predominantly from recruiting amongst the Lyran population. Stationed on the border with the Free Worlds League and the Lyran Commonwealth, Sigma found itself in the unenviable position of not only fighting against their ages-old enemy but also against their former countrymen from the Bolan Province.
Given Sigma's position on the anti-spinward border of the Wolf Empire it found itself struggling to obtain new equipment, including battle armor; as a consequence, as late as 3145 Sigma was still largely reliant on tanks to do the heavy fighting, and Sigma had little choice but to rely on conventional infantry forces, although the infantry were at least equipped with improved small arms thanks to Clan technology. Sigma's loyalty to the Wolf Empire was driven largely by fear of invasion from the Free Worlds League.
|Commanding Officers of the Sigma Galaxy (Clan Wolf)|
|Commanding Officers of the Sigma Galaxy (Wolf Empire)|
|Galaxy Commander||Dominic Shaw||3145|
Sigma was noted as a garrison Galaxy, but not known for any special tactics.
Sigma Galaxy 
- Chi Garrison Cluster
- Choyer Garrison Cluster
- Dorbeng Garrison Cluster
- Gurbeng Garrison Cluster
- Lupus Fighter Wing
- Nega Garrison Cluster
Sigma Galaxy 
- Dark Keshik
- Ninth Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Twenty-fourth Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Sixty-first Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Sixty-third Wolf Garrison Cluster
- Eighteenth Wolf Cavalry
- Objective Raids, p. 32
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 32
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 145, "Delta Galaxy: The Snarling Wolves"
- The Falcon and the Wolf, p. 46-48
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Sigma Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 171, "Clan Force Deployments - Wolf Empire"
- Explorer Corps, p. 53, "Known Wolf Facilities"