Oberon Confederation (previous)
|Parent Command||Clan Wolf Touman|
One notable sub-unit was the Sigurd Independent Light Assault Group (which Lori Kalmar came to join as a MechWarrior). As of (or just prior to) 3024 this unit was under the direct command of warleader and Vice Regent Alisaden, who was also Sigurd's Defense Minister.
In ca. 3017, Sigurd was "forcibly convinced" to join the Oberon Confederation. A year later Lori Kalmar, then a 13-year old orphan from the conflict and a state ward, applied to the Sigurd Defense Forces. It was noted that the Oberon Confederation at the time did not have a centralized military; individual worlds reserved local militia units for themselves to create a feeling of greater sovereignty.
No local defense forces or militia were reported on Sigurd as of ca. 3054 (in fact the entire world is not listed in the force listings in Objective Raids although it does appear on the maps, suggesting it was considered undefended at the time), but this does not technically rule out the presence of defending forces.
As of January 3064 the Sigurd Independent Light Assault Group still existed (or had been reinstated) as a local militia unit loyal to Clan Wolf, although it is implied that they were a conventional unit by this time, without 'Mechs. During a pirate hunting mission Galaxy Commander Stevic Hawker of Omega Galaxy confronted them at their HQ on 22 January about rogue forces operating against Clan Wolf, and their reaction convinced Hawker that they withheld information or possibly were in league with the pirates. Consequently, Hawker ordered Elementals to storm the HQ, implicitly with orders to summarily execute the unit's personnel.
|Commanding Officers of the Sigurd Defense Forces|
Sigurd Defense Forces
- Sigurd Independent Light Assault Group
Sigurd Guards (combined-arms regiment)
- BattleMech company
- BattleMech company
- Mechanized infantry regiment
- Sigurd Independent Light Assault Group (implicitly summarily executed on 22 January 3064)
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 57
- Decision at Thunder Rift, chapter 16
- One year before Lori Kalmar, "almost nineteen standard years old" as of 3024, was thirteen standard years old (Decision at Thunder Rift, chapter 16)
- The Price of Conviction
- Decision at Thunder Rift, chapter 16 (spelled "Alisaden" in one instance and "Alisadren" in the other)