|Simian Battle Armor|
|Use||General Combat |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||23 km/h|
|Jump Range||90 m|
|Armor Type||Standard Armor|
|BV (2.0)||40 (Small Laser)|
45 (Light Recoilless Rifle)
36 (Heavy Machine Gun)
The Simian is a thirty-second century Medium Battle Armor which was the brain child of Republic of the Sphere Paladin, Kara Rutherford. The design came about due in part to Paladin Rutherford's concern of the high cost of Battle Armor development. Her efforts to make a cost-effective design would give birth to the Simian, however, she would not live to see it enter production.
Produced on Devil's Rock at the secretive Rhodes Foundry, the suit was among many developments which were unknown to the rest of the Inner Sphere; which had already descended into chaos by the time Armor saw production in 3135. It was first deployed alongside the heavier Centaur Battle Armor as part of the Republic's false-flag raids across the Walled borders just after April 3136. The armor would work well in these special ops forces, causing havoc among Inner Sphere and Clan forces trying to figure out whom these suits belonged to.
Weapons and Equipment
One of the Battle Armor's hallmarks is its mobility, being able to outpace typical Battle Armor while retaining high Jump Jet capacity. Its 350 kg worth of armor protection, while not able to stop heavy weapons, can allow the soldier inside to survive long enough to close to its target using its mobility.
The Simian sports a Modular Weapon Mount on the right shoulder. This system typically holds a Small Laser, but other configurations include a Light Recoilless Rifle, Flamer, or Heavy Machine Guns. Usually the Simian doesn't mount advanced weaponry, instead choosing to use more easily available standard weaponry. Its arms are also used as effective melee weapons when engaging infantry, with Magnetic Claws enabling them to do additional damage to enemy Combat Vehicles and BattleMechs. A small Searchlight was added as well, but this seems to be an afterthought.
The Simian Battle Armor is subjected to the following Design Quirk:
- The suit has the following capabilities - Swarm/Leg Attack/Mechanized/AP: Yes/Yes/Yes/No.
- The Armor's BA Tube Artillery also has a Detachable Weapon Pack feature on it.
- The Simian Battle Armor was originally conceived of by WizKids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectible Miniatures game as a part of its Domination expansion set. The figure would be used as general battle armor in the CGC game, not exclusively to the Republic the Sphere. The Battle Armor would later be adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
- MUL Profile for Simian - Introduction Date & BV2 Listings.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere pp. 7 & 59-62 Simian Battle Armor - BV2 for different weapon configurations
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 6 - Background information.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 6-7, 59-62 Simian - Stats and Equipment.
- MUL Profile for Simian - Introduction Date & BV2 Listings for Simian alternate Weapon Module configurations.