- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Armor||0.5 tons (standard)|
|Crew||1 or 2|
The Skimmer-class hovercraft is extremely fast, but only lightly armed and armored. Usable as a one- or two-man vehicle, it was typically used by scouts for battlefield reconnaissance or for quick travel during the late Succession Wars era.
There were no rules yet for Design Quirks when the Skimmer was published, but it is described to possess the special ability that it may enter light woods, a terrain normally forbidden for hovercraft. (A successful Driving roll is required for the attempt, but it is not stated what happens when the roll fails.)
Weapons and Equipment
- Many details for this vehicle are unknown. There is only a brief mentioning of this vehicle in a single source (MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game); a record sheet was published in Record Sheets Volume Five: Vehicles.
- MUL online date for Skimmer
- MechWarrior RPG, 1st. Edition p. 44
- MechWarrior RPG, 1st. Edition p. 60