- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Primary Site(s)|| Caph|
Skobel MechWorks started in the Terran Hegemony. They came to the notice of the SLDF through the various IndustrialMech designs they created. During the Star League era, Skobel MechWorks branched into BattleMech design, first for the SLDF and later for Rim Worlds Republic forces that captured Terra.
Though Skobel once had factories on Caph, Thorin, New Earth, and Outreach, the Succession Wars destroyed almost all of them. Of no less than six factories Skobel had on Terra (Russia), only a single one remained operational after General Kerensky's Exodus. This remaining factory was focused on producing components used in other companies' designs. The Clan Invasion and the resulting need for material allowed Skobel MechWorks to re-open several factories left closed by ComStar for centuries, including the production line for the Jackrabbit light 'Mech in Russia. This move made Skobel MechWorks one of the ComGuard's main suppliers. After the Fall of Terra to the Word of Blake, Skobel MechWorks continued to produce equipment. The Blakists also funded the decontamination and rebuilding effort for Skobel's production lines on Caph. While the factory on Caph was restored to working order prior to the Jihad it is unclear what was manufactured there.
Skobel's Terran facility was damaged when the Coalition forces landed there in 3078. However, rebuilding the plant was given a high priority by the Republic of the Sphere, and by 3085 it was turning out new production for the Republic Armed Forces.
Skobel MechWorks has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
The manufacturing facilities on Caph were disabled during either the Amaris Civil War or the First or Second Succession War, along with most of the other heavy industry on the planet. The Skobel MechWorks plant on Caph was restored to working order along with plants owned by Martinson Armaments and Brown-Corning, Limited prior to 3068, but it is unclear what was produced at the plant.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 218, "Skobel MechWorks Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 147, "O-66 "Oppie" HazMat Recovery Vehicle"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 134
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 82 & 94
- Technical Readout: 3075 p. 176, "Produced Jackrabbit Components on Terra"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade p. 184, "Produced Mercury Components on Terra"
- Technical Readout: 3075 p. 186, "Produced Mackie Components on Terra"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade p. 96, "Produced Nexus II Components on Terra"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, p. 7 "OSP-36 Osprey"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade p. 216, "Produced Excalibur 'Mech Components on Terra"
- Technical Readout: 3067 p. 92, "Produced Legacy Components on Terra"
- Technical Readout: 3067 p. 102, "Produced Vanquisher Components on Terra"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade p. 100, "Produced Grand Crusader II Components on Terra"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 94, "Produced Gallant 'Mech Components"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 151, "SHP-4X Omega"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere p. 36, "Lament and its variants are produced on Terra along with its Components"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 82
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, p. 10 LMT-2D Lament - info on development of the variant and by whom.
- MUL Profile for the LMT-2D Lament - Introduction Year confirmed 3147
- TechManual, p. 205
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Master Unit List
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058 p. 96, 148
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: 3145
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere