Skye Tigers Stables
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Colors/Badge||Blue and Grey|
|Faction Affiliation||Lyran Commonwealth|
In 3056 Oonthrax Stables was bought by Ryan Steiner and changed its name to Skye Tigers Stables The Skye Tigers Stables is a Solaris VII-based BattleMech stable known for its loyalty to the Lyran Alliance's Skye Province and Free Skye Movement.
The stable lost most of its influence after the assassination of Ryan Steiner, who bought the Stable to found his political ambitions. This combined with two of its best MechWarriors Glenn Edenhoffer and Victor Vandergriff losing in a much publicized match against Kai Allard-Liao and Galen Cox.
It was not after James Stroud started to manage the team again that it began to recover, and only after the financial investment made by James saved the stable from ruin. They were in the road to excellence, even threatening Blackstar Stables' position when the Solaris Riots of 3062 occurred. The feud between both stables escalated even to the point of Drew Hasek-Davion trying to kill James Stroud and targeted as many actives from the Skye Tigers Stables as possible.
Achillius St. John, one of the Stables' Arena Gladiator discovered that the Stable was heavily on the take with the Mafia, and hating them, decided to betray the secrets of the Stables to another competitor, in truth a Word of Blake front.
During the opening shots of Operation SHOWTIME, Achillius St. John and other skilled MechWarriors declared allegiance to the Word of Blake and turned on their stablemates from within. Achillius St. John ambushed and killed the Skye Tigers' top three warriors. This act and the insider information he previously provided helped the Word to gut the Tigers within three months.
- James Stroud also known as Jerry Stroud, was a junior officer in the Seventeenth Skye Rangers prior to being the Stable Master of the Skyle Tigers. He has lead the Stable since 3057. Stroud operated the Skye Tigers like a military unit, and was rumored to use any means necessary - ethical or otherwise - to ensure the survival and success of his stable.
- Maria Utley - She was the Chief Tech of Oonthrax and one of the few Oonthrax staff to remain following its conversion into the Skye Tigers, Utley was still with the Tigers as 3062. Utley was an accomplished tech, known for ranting against the MechWarriors that abused their 'Mechs.
|Wilhelm Chritchley||Civil War|||
|Robert Dalziel||Civil War|||
|Glenn Edenhoffer|| Clan Invasion
|Erik Gray||Civil War|||
|Erin Hoffman||Civil War|||
|Billy Joe “Jim Bob” Hudmucker||Civil War|||
|Torrence Klein||Civil War|||
|Heinrich Strasser||Civil War|||
|Achillius St. John||Civil War||Provided extensive information to the Word of Blake that finally lead to the destruction of the stable.|||
|Victor Vandergriff|| Succession Wars
Tactics and Style
The Skye Tigers do not have any specific tactics, aside from a heavy reliance upon advanced technology to carry the day. Thanks to the lavish support of certain Skye-based "special interest groups", the Stable maintains enough advanced components to ensure they can maintain all their 'Mechs in fighting trim.
The Stable as of 3067 has access to B Rated Equipment.
They have the following abilities/special rules when using Mappack: Solaris VII's Stable Specific Rules. (Using old rules prior to Total Warfare) A Blackstar player may choose two of their most powerful Level 1 weapons and exchange it for upgraded Inner Sphere (Level 2) technology that is the corresponding version the weapon (example PPC to ER PPC). This may be done only as long this upgrade does not violate any standard construction rules. If any of remaining tonnage is available, it maybe used towards tweaking 'Mech armor, ammunition and heat sinks only. No rolls for success of this weapons swap are necessary when using Customization rule for 'Mechs in Mappack: Solaris VII sourcebook.
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade, p. 21 "STABLE-SPECIFIC RULES"
- "Assumptions of Risk"
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 29 "Stables of Solaris VII - Skye Tigers Stables"
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 28, "Stables of Solaris VII - Skye Tigers Stables"
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 46 "Opacus Venatori Personnel"
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 45
- "Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents", p. 25 "OPERATION: Showtime"
- "Illusions of Victory"
- Illusions of Victory, "Chapter Eighteen"
- Solaris Gamemaster's Book, p. 19, "Oonthrax Stables"
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 10 "By the Numbers"
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 18 "Steiner Stadium, back in business"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 146 "VKH-1 VOLKH"
- "A Face Full of Blades"
- Illusions of Victory, "Chapter Seven"
- Technical Readout 3055 Upgrade, p.166 "CDG-2A CUDGEL"
- Illusions of Victory, "Chapter Ten"
- Technical Readout 3055 Upgrade, p.130 "CPR-HD-003 COPPERHEAD"
- Assumption of Risk, p. 99, "Victor named by then Skye Tigers manager Winskow Kindt as a member of Skye Tigers stable".
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 44 Rules/Stable-Specific Rules - Skye Tigers Stables special abilities