Small Re-Engineered Laser
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Small Re-Engineered Laser|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||IS = 3130 FS|
|Year Introduced||IS = 3130 FS|
|Advanced Technology Year||3130 FS|
The Small Re-Engineered Laser is an offshoot of experiments to mate a Clan Heavy Laser with a Pulse Laser. Though the experiments were unsuccessful, the resulting Re-Engineered Laser family has the unique ability to ignore the effects of Ferro-Lamellor, Hardened, and Reflective Armor. This allows the Small Re-Engineered Laser to inflict its full damage on units protected by those armor types.
The Small Re-Engineered Laser is the smallest member of the Re-Engineered Laser family. Like all Re-Engineered Lasers, the pulse cycle is so short that it only has a -1 to-hit modifier. It is compatible with Targeting Computers. Aside from its unique armor-penetrating properties, it behaves like a standard Small Laser.
There are no known models at this time.