Small X-Pulse Laser
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Small X-Pulse Laser|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||3057 (FC)|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
|BV (1.0)||21|
X-Pulse Lasers are an attempt by Inner Sphere technicians to increase the range of pulse lasers to compete with the longer ranges of similar Clan models. X-Pulse lasers are not a new weapon per se, but an upgrade that is separately added to the weapon for an additional cost. X-Pulse lasers also build up tremendous heat but technicians have considered this as a necessary drawback. This weapon is currently still in its prototype stages.
The Small X-Pulse Laser is the smallest of these weapons. It has good damage potential for its heat and boasts almost as much range as a Medium Pulse Laser, and its range matches that of a Small Pulse Laser. Like all pulse lasers, the higher rate of fire allows for increased accuracy.
No production models are available.
- Tactical Operations, p. 407, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 321, "X-Pulse Laser"
- Tactical Operations, p. 406, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 382, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment Battle Value Table"