|Manufacturer||Assault Tech Industries|
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Type W4 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound RSH5 ferro-fibrous|
|Communications System||Neil 6000-g|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mark XXII|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||64 km/h (80 km/h with Supercharger)|
Though introduced in 3147, the genesis of the Sojourner actually stems decades earlier with the post-Jihad Exiled Wolves drafting a simple and affordable OmniMech to bulk out their Touman, only for the 'Mech to be passed over for production to appease Devlin Stone and his arms-reduction treaties. Though the Sojouner's active development was ceased, a generation of Exiled Wolf technicians and designers would continue to tinker and refine the design in a virtual lab for decades. With the crippled Clan Wolf-in-Exile limping to Donegal following their devastating defeat on Arc-Royal in 3146, Khan Miriam Shaw ordered a massive upscaling of production to rebuild her Clan. Rather than expand ATI's already at maximum capacity production lines for high-end OmniMechs like the Linebacker, Shaw ordered that one line be retooled to produce the Sojourner instead.
Shaw's decision was a pragmatic realization of her Clan's weakened position, with the easy to repair, easy to pilot and low-cost design appealing to her greatly. While widely deployed in the much depleted clusters of the Exiles Wolves, as per agreements with the Lyran Commonwealth production of the Sojourner was also shared with the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces. Though the Exiles largely distribute them to their greenest warriors, the LCAF primarily assigns them to more seasoned troops who can make best advantage of Clan-grade weaponry. For both factions, the value of the Sojourner in an era of increasingly prolonged warfare and limited resources in both men as well as matériel has been amply proven.
Weapons and Equipment
Intended to ease young MechWarriors into the subtleties of 'Mech combat, the configurations that fill the Sojourner's twenty-five and half tons of Pod Space are relatively simplistic, focused around the Actuator Enhancement System-enhanced right arm for main weaponry with supplementary support weaponry placed in the opposite torso. The prime configuration exemplifies this, mounting a Gauss rifle in the right arm, supported by an ER Large Laser and Plasma Cannon in the left torso, simplifying the use of Target Interlock Circuits. The use of a CASE II system in the right arm ensures that the pilot can keep fighting even if the limb is lost due to a Gauss rifle detonation. Enhancing the 'Mech's mobility through the use of Jump Jets, the Sojourner Prime carries two tons of Gauss rounds and a single ton of Plasma reloads.
Structurally, the Sojourner is built around an Endo Steel frame and clad in ten and half tons of ferro-fibrous armor, the use of a readily available and affordable Pitban 240-rated standard engine reduces costs but also reduces its average speed. The inclusion of a fixed Supercharger on the Sojourners chassis mitigates this to some degree, though it is intended to assist an out of their depth green warrior extricate themselves from an unfavorably battle rather than more rapidly close with their foes. Ten Double Heat Sinks built into the frame can be enhanced as a configuration requires.
Thanks to generations of refinement, the Sojourner is as easy to repair as it is to pilot, ensuring it can be rapidly returned to service if damaged. If the 'Mech can be said to have a downside, it's the fact that the Sojourner's survivability ensures that any which are lost are just as easily salvaged and maintained by its enemies, as shown with the Wolf Empire's ability to support Sojourners brought by Exiled Wolf defectors.
- Alternate Configuration A
- The Sojourner A mounts a Large Pulse Laser and Rotary AC/2 in the right arm supported by a ProtoMech AC/8 in the left torso, and a four ER Micro Lasers in the left arm. As shown by LCAF Leftenant Stephen Riordan's actions on Buena, the A's side torsos are fitted with CASE II for the two tons of reloads for each autocannon type ensuring the 'Mech can continue to fight even with horrific damage. BV (2.0) = 1,911
- Alternate Configuration B
- The Sojourner's B configuration carries a pair of ER Large Pulse Lasers in the AES enhanced right arm, supported by a Streak SRM-6 rack in the left arm fed from a single ton CASE II protected ammo bay. Fitted with Jump Jets and four extra Double Heat Sinks, the B also mounts an ECM Suite to allow its pilot to close with its foes. BV (2.0) = 2,397
- Alternate Configuration C
- The C is a classic Missile Boat, mounting an LRM-20 rack in each side torso supported by a Heavy Large Laser in the right arm and a center torso mounted Micro Pulse Laser. Carrying four extra Double Heat Sinks, the Sojourner C is not easily silenced with a combined six tons of LRM reloads, divided between its two CASE II protected side-torsos. BV (2.0) = 2,235
- MUL online date for the Sojourner
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 2, p. 25: "Sojourner Prime"
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 2, p. 8: "Sojourner"
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 2, p. 9: "Sojourner"
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 2, p. 26: "Sojourner A"
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 2, p. 27: "Sojourner B"
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 2, p. 28: "Sojourner C"
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 2, p. 29: "Sojourner D"