- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Osaka Heavy Metrics|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Chassis||CERO V Frame|
|Armor||Tybalt Blue Heavy Industrial Plate|
|Engine||Nissan 150 Fusion|
|Communications System||Sipher Security Plus Advanced|
|Targeting Tracking System||Daidouji 52 Enhanced Optical w/ Beagle Active Probe|
The Sokuryou SurveyMech is a Militarized Industrial 'Mech that was originally conceived in 3064. However, the design had languished for decades until the 3080s, when the Draconis Combine finally approved the design for production. Osaka Heavy Metrics was one of many small firms that were awarded contracts to bolster the Combine's damaged military and industrial infrastructure. The Sokuryou is an Industrial 'Mech, and is designed as a modestly speedy and cost-effective 'Mech as alternative to support frontline combat units. By 3085, the 'Mech was in production at two manufacturing plants on Philadelphia and Togura.
Weapons and Equipment
The 'Mech principle mission was for survey and recon, to fulfill this it was given a Beagle Active Probe and a ton of Communication Equipment. For its secondary task as an artillery spotter, the vehicle has Target Acquisition Gear mounted in its right arm.
The design features Ejection Seat, with which most Industrial 'Mechs are not normally equipped. Its hull is protected by 5.5 ton of Blue Heavy Industrial Plate giving its similar protection to comparable light BattleMechs.
- The original civilian version of the Sokuryou, it was designed as a highly functional survey vehicle. It was to be equipped with a 100-rated ICE powerplant, instead of later model's fusion engine. Unlike its successor the SKU-197, it boasts more powerful Communication Equipment and large fuel tank for additional range. The design only reached the prototype stages, as production of the 197 and 198 take up all of Osaka's production capability. BV(2.0)=328
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 34-35, "SKU-197 Sokuryou SurveyMech"
- MUL online entry for the Sokuryou
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 159
- MUL online entry for the Sokuryou SKU-181 SurveyMech variant
- MUL online entry for the Sokuryou SKU-198 SurveyMech variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 161