- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
In the wake of the call to Reave all of the Bloodnames associated with the Invader clans issued by ilKhan Brett Andrews in December 3071, the site of various Blood Chapels on Strana Mechty - including the Kerensky Blood Chapel - became the site of a sprawling fratricidal conflict between all of the Clans. The fighting in and around the Blood Chapels ranged into the city of Katyusha as various Clans fought each other, with the conflict escalating steadily after the destruction of the Kerensky and Winson Blood Chapels. The peak of the conflict came when forces from Clan Fire Mandrill fared badly when attempting to seize the McKenna and Clearwater Blood Chapels, resulting in Star Colonel Abraxas Mick of the Fire Mandrills ordering the Potemkin-class cruiser CFM Jungle Heat to destroy the Chapels by orbital bombardment.
The resulting orbital bombardment razed both Blood Chapels as well as the Ben-Shimon Blood Chapel, and as a side effect destroyed a Binary of Clan Star Adder forces and set several fires burning in Katyusha. The Star Adders and Clan Goliath Scorpion were outraged by the Fire Mandrill's actions, but it was the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CSV Sanra Mercer and the Solar Blaze that Reaved the Jungle Heat, destroying it completely.
During the subsequent Wars of Reaving the Solar Blaze was involved in the defense of Tamaron from Clan Steel Viper in late 3074. The Steel Viper force attacking Tamaron consisted of most of the Steel Viper touman, spearheaded by the Leviathan Prime-class battleship CSV Perigard Zalman, which arrived with the Steel Viper flotilla in the Tamaron system on the 7th of December 3074 and immediately began to fight it's way towards the planet in what became the largest naval battle in the Pentagon Worlds since Operation KLONDIKE. Although the Perigard Zalman was ultimately defeated, the Steel Viper forces were able to reach the planet, and the Solar Blaze was one of only two Coyote vessels to escape from the system.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 48, "Naval Assets"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 80-81, "The Wolf At The Door"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 142-143, "Viper's Venom"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 165, "WarShips"