- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
The Sophos system was home to at least one habitable world.
The Sophos system was colonized at some point after the late twenty-sixth century by the Alexandrian Covenant, a Deep Periphery proto-state created through the merger of colonists from the Magistracy of Canopus and the Taurian Concordat. At its height the Alexandrian Covenant was a nation of multiple worlds that enjoyed a degree of interplanetary trade; however, beginning in the 2700s, the Alexandrian Covenant was engulfed in a series of destructive civil wars known as Upheavals that eventually led to the loss of interstellar travel within the Covenant. The location of Sophos was identified by Interstellar Expeditions at some point after 3093, but at that point the Sophos system was uninhabited; IE found evidence of extensive Covenant civilization on Sophos, but no sign of the planetary population - and no overt signs of the planet having been engulfed in warfare, unlike the other Covenant worlds. The mystery of what happened to the population of Sophos remained unsolved as of 3095.
The Alexandrian Covenant is detailed within Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3, but no map of the state is given - only the location of the Covenant in the Deep Periphery. It is therefore impossible to determine the precise location of Sophos.
- Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3, p. 87, "Lost Worlds"
- Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3, p. 76, "Deep Periphery (Rimward Sector)"
- Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3, p. 84-85, "To The Lighthouse"
- Interstellar Expeditions: Interstellar Players 3, p. 85, "Day and Night"