- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Chassis||Geometric 500 Hard Core|
|Armor||Strasbourg Armaments 206 Diamond Weave|
|Engine||Dantrus 400 XL|
|Communications System||Blow 300 SNA Net|
The Spartan is a 'Mech that was designed in 2765 in response to increased hostility in the Periphery prior to the bloody coup launched by Stefan Amaris. Designed to bring heavy firepower to bear on an enemy in a fast and dependable package, the Spartan is built on an eighty ton Geometric 500 Hard Core chassis with a top speed of 86.4 km/h that the 'Mech is capable of thanks to its massive Dantrus 400 XL engine. To dissipate the heat burden that the Spartan has, the 'Mech is built with thirteen double heat sinks. For protection, the Spartan carries fourteen tons of Strasbourg Armaments 206 Diamond Weave armor. With the 'Mech's speed and firepower, along with the its heavy armor, the Spartan is a force to be reckoned with on any battlefield regardless of the era.
Due to battlefield losses, the destruction of Martinson's production line during the Amaris Coup, the fall of the Star League, and the Succession Wars, the Spartan is one of the rarest 'Mechs in the Inner Sphere, with less than two dozen left in known service as of 3067.
Weapons and Equipment
The Spartan carries as its primary long-range weapon a Kinslaughter H-Class ER PPC, giving the 'Mech an effective range of just under seven hundred meters. For close range combat, the Spartan has a trio of Blankenburg Medium Pulse Lasers that give it a powerful short range punch. To find weak points in an enemy's armor, the Spartan carries two Holly Streak SRM-2 launchers. To allow the Spartan to spot for friendly Arrow IV Artillery units, the 'Mech carries a CherrySeed Bullseye TAG target designation laser. Finally, for point blank missile defense, the Spartan has a McArthur Anti-Missile System.
- This early version of the Spartan was almost identical to the "standard" SPT-N2 that actually entered service. The main difference was in the cooling system: The -N1 carried thirteen standard heat sinks, which were quickly overwhelmed by the heat generated by the advanced weapons the Spartan carried. The only other real difference was the Streak ammunition being carried in the right torso. BV (2.0) = 1,498
- A simple upgrade of 2770, this Spartan that has been modified for increased survivability, the NF variant removes the TAG equipment and replaces it with CASE in each of the 'Mech's side torsos to prevent the 'Mech's complete destruction in the event of an ammunition explosion. BV (1.0) = 1,280, BV (2.0) = 1,605
- Both the ComGuard and Word of Blake Militia have modified their N2s to keep up with technological advances. The pulse lasers are upgraded to ER Medium Lasers, while the leftover tonnage goes towards three additional double heat sinks. The anti-missile system and its attendant ammunition are removed and replaced with a C3i Computer. BV (1.0) = 1,383, BV (2.0) = 1,631
- Alexandra Snord: the adopted daughter of Rhonda Snord piloted a Spartan, probably a old Star League relic, during the battle of Odessa, during the Fedcom Civil War.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 221-222, "Spartan Profile"
- MUL online date for the Spartan
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 306
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 253
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 254
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 308
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 256
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 307
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 255
- Rhonda's Irregulars (scenario pack), p. 31
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 136-137