|Manufacturer||Norse-Storm BattleMechs Inc.|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Norse XT-Light Type AE (Endo)|
|Engine||Magna 245 XL|
|Communications System||AR-12 Sheathed Directional Beacon with Norse Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||DLK Type Phased Array Sensor System|
|Heat Sinks||11 double|
|Jump Jets||HildCo Model 11c|
The Spector was originally designed by Norse Technologies to be a lighter version of the Exterminator BattleMech, made to hunt down light command 'Mechs. The first Spector rolled off the assembly line on June 6th, 2639, and following extensive testing the SLDF ordered 600 units, the first run of which were delivered in April of 2640. The Star League's enthusiasm for the Spector is due to the BattleMechs stealth capabilities, combining both Chameleon Light Polarization Shield and a Null-Signature system. All Spectors, and all reports on them, were believed lost with the fall of the Star League until 3048, when rumors spread that the mercenary units McCarron's Armored Cavalry and Storm's Metal Thunder were fielding Spectors, presumably recovered from an ancient cache, although neither admitted to fielding vintage Star League era 'Mechs.
The Spector was originally designed to use the advanced Null-Signature system, able to hide the 'Mech's radar and heat signatures, and Chameleon Light Polarization Shield, capable of obscuring the BattleMech's appearance. However, these technologies were lost during the Succession Wars and have not yet been replicated. The current incarnation of the Spector, SPR-5F, does not carry a Null Signature System nor the Chameleon LPS because of this.
Weapons and Equipment
Even without its advanced stealth capabilities, the Spector that Norse-Storm BattleMechs reintroduced in 3053 is an impressive light 'Mech. The Spector has is built on a weight saving Norse XT-Light Type AE endo steel chassis, powered by a Magna 245 XL engine that gives it a top speed of 118.8 km/h, while seven HildCo Model 11c jump jets give it a jump ranged of 210 meters. Protection from enemy fire is provided by seven and a half tons of Starshield Light standard armor, while a Guardian ECM suite allows it to defend itself against advanced enemy targeting and range finding equipment.
The Spector carries a Nightwind large laser as its primary weapon, backed up by a pair of Defiance B3M medium lasers and a single Defiance B4S small laser for close combat. While most consider this a light weapons payload for a 35 ton 'Mech, the Spector's superior mobility and mission profile do not require a very heavy weapons payload.
- At the urging of then-Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion, Norse-Storm opened up talks with Shengli Arms to secure stealth armor for the light 'Mech. Though the deal did not work out exactly as they had hoped, they managed to acquire some amount and equip this variant with it. Space constraints force the consolidation of the medium lasers into one medium pulse laser. BV (1.0) = 967, BV (2.0) = 1,166
- A more radical variant removes the jump jets and mounts an ER large laser and twin ER medium lasers using the freed space. It retains the stealth armor and Guardian ECM suite, but also adds a targeting computer to make the lasers more accurate. MASC enables the ST to move in bursts up to 151 km/h. BV (1.0) = 1,044, BV (2.0) = 1,522
- Eschewing subterfuge and stealth, the 6F is a headhunter meant to counter Clan warriors with advanced engineering. With reflective armor mounted over an endo-steel chassis, the 6F remains highly mobile while also being well protected from advanced laser technology. Speaking of lasers, the weapon complement of the 6F is composed exclusively of laser weapons, all linked to a targeting computer. The 'Mech's primary weapon is a Medium VSP Laser mounted in the right arm, while a pair of clan-specced Improved Heavy Medium Lasers are in a gauntlet on the left arm. A standard ER Small Laser rounds up the complement on top of the pilot's cockpit. BV (2.0) = 1,476
Original SPR-5F Spector from McCarron's Armored Cavalry
Spector from TRO:3058
Spector from RG:ilClan vol. 28
SPR-5F Spector in combat from CCG
- Technical Readout: Succession Wars, pp. 46–47: "SPR-5F Spector"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 206-207, "Spector Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 168
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 227
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 102, "Spector"
- Chaos Formed Endgame at Engadine
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 169
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 229
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 170
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 230
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 28, p.13
- BattleMech Manual, p. 94 BattleMech Quirk Table - Spector Entry.