- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Spectre Stealth Battle Armor|
|Manufacturer||Protectorate Arms Conglomerate|
|Use||Scout / Raider|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||43.2 km/h|
|Armor Type||Improved Stealth|
This article talks about the Battle Armor named Spectre. For the character, click Spectre (Character)
The Spectre Battle Armor was developed and fielded by Protectorate Arms Conglomerate. It has proliferated throughout the Periphery, reaching the Protectorate’s Filtvelt allies and the Raven Alliance in large numbers. Mercenaries have spread the Spectre throughout the rest of the Periphery and Inner Sphere.
It has got its name from the Calderon Shield stealth armor that protects it. This armor, while good at hiding it from enemy sensors, fares very poorly when under fire. The Spectre is pretty quick for a humanoid Battle Armor, but its Mechanical Jump Booster is not a true replacement for regular Jump Jets. Magnetic clamps adapted from the Fa Shih Battle Armor allow the Spectre to be carried into battle. While its armament gives it better combat ability than some early stealth suits, it still cannot stand up to larger battle armor like the Elemental or Kanazuchi.
Weapons and Equipment
No special Spectre Battle Armor variants exist.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p.4-5, "Spectre Stealth Battle Armor"
- MUL online date for the Spectre
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 7