- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|In service until||22 September 3019 (destroyed)|
The Startreader was a Leopard-class DropShip in service to tai-sho Ivan Sorenson. On 20 September 3019 Sorenson used the vessel to pick up Coordinator Takashi Kurita at the zenith Recharge Station in the Rasalhague system, to expedite his travel to his son Theodore Kurita's wedding.
However, Sorenson's trusted chief tech Beorn Karlborgen was actually a sleeper agent who had been activated to kill the Coordinator. Karlborgen had planted several bombs aboard the Startreader and committed suicide by means of a poison pill during approach to the planet. At the time, the Startreader was locked in autopilot on a course that would crash it into the military starport's command center, with communications replaced by faked regular messages and bombs set to detonate ten meters above the runway to maximize damage. When the ship's situation was discovered on 22 September 3019, Sorenson took Takashi Kurita into his Grasshopper BattleMech in the 'Mech bay, used its missiles to destroy the unresponsive bay doors, and jumped away from the stricken vessel just in time to facilitate a rough crash landing cushioned by the Grasshopper's jump jets. Though the DropShip and the 'Mech were destroyed, Sorenson and Kurita survived. Sorenson was subsequently promoted to Warlord of the Rasalhague Military District.
- The vessel's name is mentioned in chapter 12
- Heir to the Dragon, chapter 8
- Heir to the Dragon, chapters 9-10
- Heir to the Dragon, chapter 12
- Heir to the Dragon (novel)