Steel Viper (species)
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|(Bitis adamas arcadianica)|
|Average mass||200 kg|
|Average length||650 cm|
|Average height||20 cm|
The steel viper is considered one of the most dangerous creatures to inhabit Clan Space. Covered in blue scales with dark green edging, this boa constrictor-like animal also sports sharp thorns to protect it against attack. When it bites, it injects a poisonous venom capable of rapidly knocking out its prey and rendering them unconscious for up to a minute, making it easier for the snakelike creature to crush and devour man or beast. An antidote to this venom is common among the Clans.
The steel viper has long been the dominant predator of the Arcadian grasslands. In the past, an attempt was made by scientists to introduce the cloud cobra in order to decimate the steel viper population. Within months however the steel vipers managed to wipe out all cloud cobra nests in their territory.
- Classic BattleTech Companion, p. 145-146, "Creatures"