- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Power Plant||Pitban 320 XL|
|Armor||Donegal Omni-Sheath Heavy Ferro-Aluminum|
|Communications System||Lockheed/CBM COMSET 300|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Lockheed/CBM TarSet 75|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The STM-O Sternensturm Light Class OmniFighter was originally produced for the Lyran Commonwealth's Armed Forces. In the aftermath of the Jihad, the LCAF's aerospace assets were devastated. To help fill the need for more light fighters, Lockheed/CBM of Tharkad was commissioned to create a new design to help replenish its forces. While the fighter would be produced for Commonwealth's armed forces, it would also be sold to mercenary commands who maintained contracts with House Steiner, including the Kell Hounds.
Shortly after the Sternensturm, the light fighter would soon prove its value in 3099, when it was utilized against Clan Jade Falcon forces conducting an exploratory raid on Graus. Assigned to the 2nd Donegal Guards, the fighter made a big showing by providing ground support fire against 3rd Falcon Talons.
Weapons and Equipment
The Sternensturm is capable of high speed and is utilized as interceptor thanks to its Pitban 320-Rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine. The craft's airframe is capable of handling 10 tons worth of OmniPod weapons and equipment. Thickly armored for a light aerospace fighter, the craft's hull is protected with 11.5 tons of Donegal Omni-Sheath Heavy Ferro-Aluminum. Like most aerospace craft, the fighter's armor is thickest in its nose, while its aft receives only a modest amount of armor.
The Fighter's Primary Configuration consists of intermediate and short ranged weaponry. Three Extended-Range Medium Lasers found in the craft's nose. Each of its wing's mounts a single 4-tubed Streak Short-Range Missile launch, while hull carries a single ton of ammunition.
- Alt. Config. B
- Capable of effectively undertaking escort duty and screening missions, the B Configuration armed four Anti-Missile Systems split between its wings. In addition, the fighter mounts a Guardian ECM Suite and Beagle Active Probe to give it additional electronics warfare capacities. This Sternensturm configuration's offensive weaponry consists of four ER Medium Lasers. BV(2.0) = 1,512
The name "Sternensturm" translates from German language as "Star Storm."
The Sternensturm has the following Design Quirk:
- MUL online date for the Sternensturm
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 49 Sternensturm - BV2
- Master Unit Listing Profile for the Sternensturm which includes BV2 & Intro Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 320
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 48 Sternensturm - Background and brief history
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 48-49 Sternensturm - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 49 & 107 Sternensturm - A Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 321
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, pp. 49 & 108 Sternensturm - B Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 322